Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
bsmall84

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Picked Up 2 older P's

Hopkins

Galvin

one has max control and another could be a strikeout reliever

Kinda of torn to which I keep (or I could keep both and cut somebody else)

Thanks
mikkoredsox

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hopkins had a good campaign in League V in 2026. That other guy's ERA hasn't been so friendly. On older guys I would go by track record. If it were me I'd hang on to Hopkins.
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
keep hopkins drop galvin
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hopkins is better, younger and definitely good enough for LL VI and maybe even LL V next year if you plan to promote.

Second guy is totally not my type, I don't like huge control and no strikeout pitch players.

So yeah, go with Hopkins.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
These guys might be okay in LL6, but I'd personally cut both. As everyone else has said Hopkins is the pick of the two, as long as you keep him in the bullpen that 14 Vel + 15 CoS will play, but I'd still look to upgrade.

Galvin's problem is the lack of an out pitch. As newtman would happily tell you if he were here, pitchers who lack a score of 16+ in Vel or CoS or Mov lack an out pitch, and tend to struggle. Some of them can pitch in LL6 and sometimes even in LL5, but beyond that those guys are crying out to get shelled. It doesn't matter how many pitches you have in your arsenal, or how well you throw them - if you throw slow, steady pitches good batters will knock them out of the park all day long. Which is why Galvin has given up so many gopher balls (1 in every 6 IP is a horrendous ratio).
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, both look terrible to be honest. I don't think Hopkins will get you a pennant anywhere, even in VI, he might be a bit reliever in VI and V, but his skills are bad and his stats are terrible as often as they are decent (two alright seasons, and two terrible seasons). There is better available right now, for example:

Brett (wild, but when he hits the zone he's unhittable)

Wei (solid LL VI or V guy here)

Savage

All free agents in the first 20 results that are better than EITHER of the guys you picked up. Yes, I said free agents, not waivers you could whiff on...

Edit: Hmm, Savage was listed as a free agent when I looked at him, but is on waivers now, and is not reading as having been picked up and released. Not sure what happened there, but the point stands, as more other better free agents exist. I'm just not going to go through them and list them here. I have other things I need to get done.

Updated Wednesday, October 5 2016 @ 3:55:26 pm PDT

Updated Wednesday, October 5 2016 @ 3:56:24 pm PDT
bsmall84

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Now I have OF problem

Pagan

or

Polanco

I have a idea (probably Pagan) but he is my backup C and currently my starter is out another 7 games. I probably could move Gray back to catcher
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I would have Gray at C. Pagan doesn't belong at C with a 13 Arm, just isn't good enough - he's a 1B/DH type. He's at least producing more than Evans though, and I'd replace Evans in the lineup with Polanco.
bsmall84

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

Debating whether to cut Murakmi ( 30 y/o and hardly used)

I got Savage off waivers ( so it makes logical sense to cut Murakami)

The other problem is I have a big ML roster ( don't like going over 25, maybe 27). It muddles the younger players.

Any suggestions is helpful?

xLee227

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
What about Yoshida? I doubt he's going to come close to his potential, considering that he's already 27 and he's skipped AAA entirely. In addition, it doesn't seem like he's getting enough innings to develop substantially.

Previous Page | Show All |