Help

Forum >> Help >> Couple of quick questions about minor DH   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
cristiantoko

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/129940

As you can see, Louis Poirier looks like will be only useful as DH down the road, however my question knowing this is, what position should be best to be selected to train during minors? Any position that brings more AB/play time? (Could OF give him more time during minors?)
WizKid

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
looks like a great 1b build to me. he should hit for both ave and power, and his SOLID defensive build with no range/arm is fine for 1b, no wasted SI on range/arm.
Dan6176

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm thinking 1b also.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Perfect 1B build. Solid fielder whose batting skills could max out at 18-16-17-17, doesn't get much better than that.
cristiantoko

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks, in the minors I got couple of players that fit the 1b as well and are also Left Handed (instead of right like Poirier)
Was asking about, if any, there's a position that gives more play time during Minors, like it is easy selected to play (since AB varies it seems now and then)
Thank you anyways!
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Hard to tell where he would get the most playing time, but I think Steve has said that playing time in the minors isn't related to development. I *think* players develop the same regardless of if they are actually chosen to play in the minors.

I think he has too much fielding for a 1B but DH doesn't need fielding either. If you don't have a righty 1B in your minors, you may find a need for one in the future. It never hurts to have a platoon option available.

Previous Page | Show All |