Help

Forum >> Help >> Offseason League Advancement   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Hey, all. Again, first game season of playing. This is probably more me grumbling than asking a question, but here it is.

The rules help says: "The winners of each league division will be promoted and the fifth and sixth place finishers will be demoted."

I'm in VI.19, West Division. I'm putting up a competitive season with the second best record in the league, but Amarillo is just killing it, and I'm not going to catch up.

Meanwhile, in East Division, Manchester just quit. There are now three unowned teams over there, and I have a better record than them all. But I assume I still will be stuck in VI.19. Is that correct? Is it just a frustration you deal with and shoot for next season?
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
You are correct. Happens all the time so don't be discouraged. We've seen 100 win teams finish in second and we've seen .500 teams promote. All you can do is put your best foot forward and hope it's good enough.

*Edit*: If you don't think you're going to catch first place and you are safe from relegation, it's a perfect time to let your youngsters gain big league at-bats to grow for future seasons. Sit those old guys down. Feed your young guns at-bats and innings pitched!

Updated Thursday, September 1 2016 @ 7:35:51 am PDT
brentswagger

Lakeville Bears
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
You see this a lot of time in real sports. Teams perceived as weaker having an advantage of being in a weak division. I wouldn't worry so much about promoting as I would about building your squad and improving it. As your team improves your promotions will come. I have only been around for a couple seasons. I did not promote the first season and promoted up last season. I'm in 2nd place this season at this time and still have a chance but I don't care much if I promote or not. I feel if I promote my club will get their butts handed to them at the next level so I will focus on growing my team promotion or no promotion.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for the feedback, all. Yeah, I've realized early on that you have to be careful with promotions; move up too soon with not the right team balance and you chance getting your ass handed to you. I'll get past the frustration and keep focusing on long-term talent build-up.

And I'll definitely throw a few younger guys into the lineup to see what they do this last month.

Updated Thursday, September 1 2016 @ 8:36:38 am PDT

Previous Page | Show All |