Help

Forum >> Help >> CF or SS??   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Ace

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
After playing for a while now and paying attention to all of the Forums, (by the way, you are all very helpful) I wanted to get opinions on where you would have played Doug Benedict in the field?

I saw him as a CF or SS and I needed a SS badly.
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I would've played him at SS because all that fielding would've been wasted at CF.
afreespirit

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
SS for sure with that range and fielding. That arm is awesome for a C or CF though. Don't underestimate the value of strong arms in the OF. Strong arms throw out a lot of runners trying to go an extra base and they also cause opposing teams to be less aggressive on their base running settings. Over 160 games that can help reduce the runs you give up.
AD24

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
You could go either of those positions, since they are considered defensive positions. I think you made the right choice with him being a SS though.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Perfect SS. I prefer my CF to have more offensive powers, so I prefer their fielding to be closer to 10. The fielding and the range are both unneeded for Catcher, but that is a great secondary position for him to have. I would definitely focus on getting him innings at SS. He probably still has some room for improvement in position experience. Getting him a few games at Catcher so he maintains the "C" is a good idea though.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I wouldn't worry about keeping the C up. Any time Benedict is in the field and not playing SS its a crime.

Well done Ace. You made a good decision and have an absolute cornerstone player there.
Ace

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for all the replies!!

Previous Page | Show All |