Help

Forum >> Help >> Wont let me release player   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Trebbie

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Says player cannot be released while owner is on release restriction.

What is this?
When does it pass?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
New owners aren't allowed to drop players that the sim considers important for the team. The restrictions last for 25 days (real time).

The intent is both to protect new owners from making severe mistakes that they can't undo, and to deter cheating.

EDIT: Not to say that its the wrong decision to drop the player, but the algorithm used by the sim is making that determination. If you still think the guy should be dropped in 25 days, you'll be free to do so. This is frequently an issue for new LL-VI teams who are trying to clear out some of the old players to make room for rookies. Out of curiosity, who are you trying to drop?

Updated Thursday, August 18 2016 @ 8:32:43 am PDT
Trebbie

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hector Fuentes
Yeah he's 32 just clearing older.
Also noticed I couldn't drop my two triple A players. Ones atrocious fielder the other atrocious hitter. Might end up keeping Duffy for DH until get better options but for sure dropping the outfielder when allowed.

Actually took over a team with some good players just a depleted minor league.
Placing bunch of waivers everyday. Have picked up 3 players so far.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, Fuentes is a good cut when you are able.

Duffy could actually be pretty good. Atrocious fielding isn't a bad thing for 1B or OF. He has the potential to turn into a very good hitter. I'd bring him up and try to get him some at bats in the majors. At a minimum you could platoon him against lefties since McMahon is a little weak against lefties.

I'd agree on Alicea though. "never be a decent hitter", is an immediate cut for me. Especially for an OF.

Previous Page | Show All |