Help

Forum >> Help >> Is there such a thing as too many pitchers at one minor league level?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
First season playing. Have been super active on the waiver wire to help bring the team I took out of the gutter. One consequence of being active in waivers is I now have six pitchers (recommended by the system) at AA.

Will some of my pitchers not get IP simply because there are too many pitchers at AA? Will not getting IP slow down development time? Is it better to push a player not ready for AAA up to AAA to clear the log jam at AA? (I know that Broken Bat doesn't directly mirror baseball, and this may be me overthinking it.)

I ask these questions because even though I've read forum posts, it's not particularly clear. I hear that the actual AB/IP and associated stats aren't as important as having the player develop at the correct level. What's not clear is if"minor league player not logging stats = minor league player not gaining development/SI."

Updated Monday, August 15 2016 @ 7:33:51 am PDT

Updated Monday, August 15 2016 @ 7:34:07 am PDT

Updated Monday, August 15 2016 @ 7:34:54 am PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
There won't be any negative effects on training or innings, because they don't actually end up playing on the same team for minor league games.

Its best to have them spread out a little bit to ensure a healthy pipeline. You don't really want to be breaking in 6 guys all at once in the majors. But your guys are actually pretty spread out. Parry is going to get the call to AAA any day now. Dunbar and Grant will probably get moved to AAA some time next year. McIntyre will either get promoted late next year or early in the year after. Jorgenson and Schafer probably still have two more years in AA. So they aren't as bunched up as they look. I think you are fine.

EDIT: ABs and IPs become very important when they get to the majors and you are trying to get them experience. But when they are in the minors they are only(mostly?) getting training. ABs and IPs aren't so important for training.

Updated Monday, August 15 2016 @ 9:19:47 am PDT
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, I suspected IP/AB totals weren't as important as just being at the correct level. I do hope to get a couple of those pitchers to AAA soon.

Thanks for the feedback, Rock. I notice you've been pretty active in the forum, and I appreciate you taking the time to help others!
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
"... they don't actually end up playing on the same team for minor league games."

Also, that's a bit of a surprise. Today I learned...
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah. Basically, there aren't enough players on any team to field a team. In order to create numbers that mean something, Steve randomly creates teams out of all the players at each level. So for instance everyone's (every league level) AA players are put in a big pool and a bunch of random teams are created. Then if the player isn't better then the other players on his team, he might not get much playing time, but its unlikely that anyone else on your team is competing for playing time against another guy on your team. I'm also pretty sure the random teams get changed up every minor league update.

Previous Page | Show All |