Help

Forum >> Help >> 25 year olds and development?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
occham

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
So I have a couple of 25 year olds that are 'decent' enough but really not ready to do more than platoon occasionally.

Is it better to platoon them, getting maybe 100-150 ABs / year and some field time in the majors or just keep them in AAA for another year? I've noticed comments, particularly with Asian League players, that some people recommended leaving them in AAA.

Is there much of a difference?

Updated Wednesday, August 10 2016 @ 5:09:35 am PDT
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
i'am keeping mine in AAA because my major leagues are still under 30 and even tho they are recomended for bigs at 23-25 on my team i think they will grow better in minors. "BUT" this only because my roster is young in majors if i have 30+ heavy roster i would brong them up and start them. The reason for this unless your vets are really good i would think that the minors would better fit the growth starting.
occham

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for the input!
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
First of all, no one really knows, so take all advice with a grain of salt. Here's my two cents, if your 25 year olds weren't recommended for the majors before they turned 25, you're probably fine keeping them at AAA for at least half a year. My rule of thumb is that if I can't give a guy a third of the playing time or so, he's likely better off in the minors.
Regarding Wuggla's assessment, don't try applying real world logic to Broken Bat. They are often two distinctly different universes. Study the manual. Search for nuggets provided by Steve in the forums. Consider other's opinions. Draw your own conclusions and theories. You'll find yourself repeating the process over and over again because you'll rarely ever know anything. I know that I know almost nothing. 😛
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
If they weren't recommended to the majors before they turned 25, it should be safe to leave them down. Otherwise, as long as you can get them at least 20 ABs per week (realtime), I'd bring them up. Platooning is a method I use a lot to get guys a few ABs.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I was looking for a thread to put this in, and this seemed as good as any. An update on my 25 year old experiments, as they all gained skills today, and I'm feeling really good about my plan.

I left Schubert in AA since he had just promoted there at the end of his age 24 season, and it seems to be working. I will leave him at AAA for his entire 26 year old season, before inserting him as my primary catcher replacing Reyna and moving Pierce to 3B.

On the pitching side Quintanilla was also left in AA this season at age 25, and has actually pulled up to a respectable level. He will promote to AAA where he will stay for his age 26 season.

Rosa is going to join the experiment next season as he is still in AA at and is 24. He will be left in AAA next season at age 25.

These three players are my last three potential stars in my pipeline, after they are promoted my system will look much, much bleaker. Each of them may be behind in development, but if handled properly, I think they can still turn into a viable core to challenge in the upper leagues.

Updated Friday, September 9 2016 @ 8:15:28 am PDT

Previous Page | Show All |