Help

Forum >> Help >> free agent signings   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
bullet67

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
ok, this is somewhat of a science I haven't quite figured out yet with this game. What determines which team gets a desired player from wavers? I've had two separate experiences now in which I have had the 1st waver claim on a player only to lose out on him. Not complaining or whining, just trying to figure out how this is structured!
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
It is completely random. So if 10 teams put in a claim on a guy, each team has a 10% chance to win the claim. With 100 claims, you have a 1% chance. When you place the claim makes no difference.

One of the nice things about this game is that most things are not a race to see who hits the button first. You generally have a few days to put a claim on a guy. Free Agents are first come first serve, but a guy has to clear waivers (with no one making a claim) to hit free agency. So it isn't really time sensitive. The only time sensitive part in the game is the race to hire a manager on the season flip. New managers are created, and only a few lucky early birds will get the good ones. Other than that, this game is really designed to be played casually.

Updated Wednesday, August 3 2016 @ 7:33:02 pm PDT
bullet67

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
hey, thanks Steve. I heard one of the other posters call you that tonight so I hope it's ok to use your name here. Thanks for clearing all of this up. Actually, I'm a newbie when it comes to baseball so a lot of this is all very new to me but I sure m having a lot of fun with it! My pitching stinks right now so that's why I'm always looking for improvements to my staff. I have a prospect or two down in the minors but they won't be ready for quite a while so the free agent market has been a source of perusal for me, a lot! I have one more question and then i'll stop bugging you guys for a while. When i first started trying to draft players, theme was letting me see the various options, such as high school, college, latin academy, ETC. Now, it just says select prospect, followed by a table listing about ten players who are available I guess. Even when it was showing me all of those options before, it still didn't matter which i selected, it was still only showing me the table I just mentioned, but now it's not even giving me the option of viewing all those other draft sources. Can you help me out here as to why this might be happening? Thanks.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm not Steve. Steve is the Admin, and the developer of the game. I'm just a guy who posts a lot.

You can draft once per week (except on the off week at the beginning of the season. When you draft, you are shown pools to choose from. Once you pick a pool, you are given 10 random players from that pool (used to only be 5). Then you have to pick from one of those players only. You can't get any more options, so its best just to pick one of those guys once you have decided who would be best. If you leave without making a selection, and then go back to draft later you will see those same 10 guys (but sometimes one may disappear if someone else drafts them). That is why, if you look back now, you see the 10 players directly. On Friday, those guys will be gone, and you can pick from the pool once again. You will LOSE THIS ROUNDS DRAFT PICK if you don't pick one of those 10 before Friday. So you should choose one by tomorrow.

To better understand what the scouting reports mean, reference this thread.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
BTW, drafting is your best opportunity to get a great player (but you will also get chaff). Waivers is the next best opportunity to get good players. But there is a third option, which is FA. Sometimes good players (especially POT 12s) will slip through to waivers. Also, sometimes solid veteran players with only a year or two left will slip through. As a LL-VI team I'd suggest concentrating mostly on acquiring guys who are 26 and younger right now. But either way, it can be worth combing the FAs for some quick upgrades.
bullet67

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
great! Thanks for all your help.

Previous Page | Show All |