Help

Forum >> Help >> training of players   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
bullet67

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
OK, now that I know how to do this, sorry to all out there for me not knowing. I wanted to know about training of players. Specifically, which radio buttons do you select for which skill of training desired? Thank you
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Every player is constantly training. But you can give a Primary and secondary focus to your team if you like. Focus will give tiny boost towards a specific category, but take an equal amount from the spread across all categories. Pitchers will only add focus for pitching and defensive skills, Fielders will only add focus for Batting and defensive skills. Most people just leave it has "No Training Focus" most of the time.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Also, the training focus is only a small percentage of the total training. The largest factor is the combination of playing time (if in the majors) or being at the recommended level along with their total potential. The various scouting messages can give you an idea of what the player will look like when fully trained. In Broken Bat training and experience are two different terms. Experience is easier to explain so I'll start with that, experience is skill gains related to getting playing time in major league games whether they are league, cup, or spring training games. Training is conceptualized as skill gains gotten from stuff like practice, and is mostly done at the minor league level, though Steve has said that major league guys get a very small amount as well.

You really have very little control over training, beyond the training focus which is about 1-5% of total training (it has never been nailed down, but it is not more than that). The best thing you can do is make sure a player is at the correct level to receive optimal training (typically the one recommended on the assign players screen).
bullet67

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
ok great, this is a big help. I'll just leave things as they are, and thank you both for answering my questions, appreciate it.

Previous Page | Show All |