Help

Forum >> Help >> He should have learned the position   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Krakonico

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I've been training Jack Grant as catcher since he was signed four years ago, still he just have a "c" after playing 432 games in that position. What do you think?
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I think catcher takes longer to master than other positions

Edit: which is to say I am in complete agreement with Rock's #1 below. And I do not think it's your imagination.

Updated Thursday, July 28 2016 @ 8:38:51 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
A few things at play here.

1) It might be my imagination, but I think some positions take a bit more to learn, and I think Catcher is the hardest.

2) Players don't gain as much position experience in the minors as they do in the majors, so it takes a bit longer in the minors.

3) When did he get "c"? If he started off really far away from "c", that would make the whole process longer. This guy for instance hasn't even achieved "c" after 343 games.

4) He is probably close, but Steve has confirmed that position experience is on a continuum, so a guy who has just achieved "C" isn't really much better than a "c" who is about to advance to "C".
Mig2015

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Do players who have "C" or capital letters at any position continue to improve at the position or are they done improving once they get to a capital letter?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm pretty sure they continue to learn. That is why some guys seem to be horrible fielders even after getting their capital.
Yuri84

Apple Valley Raccoons
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree with Rock. I'm also nearly certain they continue to learn, at least until the new position becomes their main.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Reyna, 420 major league games at catcher and still a small c.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
And then you have this guy (on Rock's team for a time) who got the small "c" in training update #9 last season, after just 86 games at catcher. Go figure.

(Though I'm not sure his 15 Arm will be that good there, but at least his bat will make him useful)
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Refer to #3 above. Players start off with a different amount of ability in different positions. If they are high enough, they will have "c", but if not nothing shows until they a are trained a bit. The guy you are referencing here already had a lot of catching training when he was drafted, so it didn't take much.

Take a look at this guy. 551 games in the outfield, and he still hasn't achieved "OF".
Krakonico

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
That should be, but for me was strange that he hasn't learned already the "C".

Previous Page | Show All |