Help

Forum >> Help >> Slump   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Huaraches25

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/102373
Kurt Giles is in a serious slump to start the season, I believe his batting average is sub 100 across League and Cup, he is by far my best hitter along with Evans and I can't win many series if one or both of them don't play well. Do player hit worse when out of defensive position, cause I'm trying to play him at catcher and I played him during spring training where he got injured several times (one day absences mostly). I don't see how any of those things can affect a hitter so much though
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Nah, position doesn't matter. Slumps are common, but are glaring if they happen at the start of the season. Giles will be fine (prolly not 40 hr again, but fine).
Huaraches25

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I noticed he is actually batting 300 against Lefty's and 091 against righties, I know right handed hitters (theoretically) hit better against left handed pitchers but someone of his talent should be able to handle right handed hitters especially since he's done it in the past.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
With his extreme lack of plate discipline (6), you should expect serious slumps from time to time. However, I don't think 34 at bats can qualify as a big-time slump. You'd hardly even notice it if it occurred in the middle of the season.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm pretty sure the split is a hidden trait. Your guy has a history of hitting righties, so he is probably fine, but I have more talented guys than that who have severe splits.

Cunningham can't hit righties to save his life.

Izquierdo can't hit righties or lefties. So I'm guessing he probably only hits switch pitchers well.

amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
And Giles isn't a 2B or a C, fits better at DH/1B with those fielding numbers.

Previous Page | Show All |