Help

Forum >> Help >> Starting pitcher only throws 19 pitches...   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I put Riley in the bullpen during one of his poor runs last season, then took him out but forgot to change the management settings for my long reliever. Which means Riley got shelled for 13 runs through 4+ innings before they bullpen was triggered. Oops.
bullet67

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
excuse me for chiming in late on this topic, but I didn't think you could adjust the hook on starting pitchers. Thought it was set to five by default.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
You can set it. Under Management. 5 is the minimum hook for a starter, but you can set a higher hook. You can set it lower, but then the engine treats it as a 5 if the guy starts.

Updated Friday, July 29 2016 @ 4:29:05 pm PDT
bullet67

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
can you train individual players or does most of the training simply come from playing?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
You should make a separate thread when you want to ask an unrelated question. The answer to your question is somewhat complex, but the quick answer is, you can set a training focus for your team, but every player is constantly training.
bullet67

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hey, i am sorry, I don't know yet how to post a separate thread. The only button I notice on any of these forums when trying to post is the quote reply button". If someone can tell me where to find the posting button for separate threads, I'll be happy to do just that.
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
You press the "new topic" button on the bottom of the page.
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
On the original subject...

I gave my newly-promoted 23-yo P his first start, and while I was expecting the loss he was handed I wasn't expecting him to get hooked after 37 pitches.

His hook is set for 7. In the 2nd inning he got two outs and then gave up a grand slam, so we were down 0-4. If the next batter up is the potential fifth run, shouldn't he have been kept in? I may well be getting it wrong, just want to clarify.
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
From manual

Basically, the pitcher is replaced if either of the following conditions are true:

- 2 * Earned Runs > Hook
- Total Runs + Base Runners > Hook
1st criteria was met as soon as ball went over fence
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Ah, of course. Thanks.

Previous Page | Show All |