Help

Forum >> Help >> Help with a player   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
nelson1805me

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My highest paid and best-performing pitcher the last two years is playing horribly. He is old and still carries a near 3 million salary, which is incentive to me to get rid of him. However, his skills are still very high, and he was so consistently a good closer I do not want to can him so soon. Any advice?

http://brokenbat.org/player/18868
Erkuza

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Well he has only 2 innings pitched so far this season. So he could turn it around later on or not. Yet again he did he have a ERA over 5 last season, so if you are not in any financial trouble
and need bullpen arms I'd keep him for now.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Floyd Burns is only 31, so most of the time he shouldn't be too old.

As point out, he's only pitched two innings so far this year, so it hardly a large enough sample size (I wouldn't cut him based on that). He did pitch poorly last season, which is perhaps more telling.

I would put it this way, if the guy is making $3M a year he probably should be in a more significant role on your team. Spending $3M is too much for 2 innings, even if they were perfect.

Steve

Updated Tuesday, December 11 2012 @ 4:59:01 pm PST
nelson1805me

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I was more basing it off of last season, where he was paid 4mil or something, and did not deliver on that level. I looked at the salary readjustment, and he is still getting paid a lot of money and I don't really know if I can trust him to pitch many innings.
AmUnRA

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
salary is based on more than only the stats of the last season

Previous Page | Show All |