Help

Forum >> Help >> Change teams?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
RJ Harrison

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
This is going to be my fourth season with this team. I seem to be going backwards. Can someone look at it and see what I'm doing wrong?

I'm thinking of maybe getting a different team but not sure how to do that. Is it in the help somewhere?

thanks
RJ
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
You have a few good pieces, but some work needs to be done through drafting and claims.

First, Canizares and Nakamura at AAA are ready to be promoted to the majors.

Second, you can cut Barron at AAA, between the 11 potential and the "will never be a decent hitter" you can be guaranteed that he will be a black hole on offense, and not good enough on defense to justify keeping him. Guevara at 10 potential should also be cut. Same with Madrid and Bowman in Rookie ball.

Next, look for 12 potential or above with hitting messages, or if you prefer to win with defense, that at least don't have the negative hitting message and fit the position you need filled.

As for pitchers, remember they start with lower SIs, but they gain faster as well, so don't be deterred by low SI. Look for a plus pitch (15+ in either velocity, CoS, or movement) in veterans, and remember that there is no report on CoS or positive one for control, so if you have a "good" potential pitcher without a velocity or movement message with a low number of points in arm and range, he will have a lot of points in CoS and control, which is another viable type of pitcher that few people go after, and so could be available. Otherwise, just make sacrifices to the baseball gods and hope you land a couple big waiver claims.
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
@RJH - newtman knows his stuff, so I'd take his advice and run with it. I agree entirely as regards any player below 12 potential - unless they have extreme builds (for example, my DH the last two seasons Burton, with all his points in batting categories) they don't belong on your roster, not even in league VI. There are better players and prospects out there.

You also don't appear to have had much luck with the draft. Start by just drafting BPA (Best Player Available) - very good potential if there, then good, then best report. I personally would never draft any batter with the "never be a decent hitter" label, nor any pitcher with below average or worse control.

Previous Page | Show All |