Help

Forum >> Help >> Lots of Questions   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Maksim

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
unless the player sucks with only like 5 movement and velocity etc.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
You are starting off with a bottom tier team, so you have a lot of building to do.

Holliday and Galindo will become great players. You want to fill up your minors with other guys like that.

In your majors, you will want to upgrade the older guys with new guys off the waivers. You don't "dump the team", you just replace players one piece at a time as you find viable replacements.

Stewart is in decline, but he is probably currently your best Catcher.

Abbott is in decline, and you can definitely find something better on waivers/FA.

Shen looks like the better 2B option right now. Bodin will probably never reach his potential.

Aleman is in decline, and you generally don't want C,SS,2B, or 3B to be lefties. He might do better at 1B then Abbott in the short term. Cook has performed ok, but is in decline also. Parsons could be a better hitter, but he is a decent stop gap for now.

Defensively Harper is a little sub-par for SS, but he is a good player overall. He should be a piece that you can keep for a while. Holguin looks pretty good, but he doesn't have the range to play SS. It would be better to retrain him in a different position. Maybe a weak arm 3B?

A lot of aging guys in the outfield. Griffith could still do decently in LF. Sellers is a good piece and will continue to improve. Sellers could play in either CF or RF (given the gun). Escobar may have difficulty reaching his potential. He could play LF if you want to try him out. Lewis is another LF with somewhat low potential, but he has performed well in the past. I'd keep him around. Oviedo could play RF from a defensive perspective, but his hitting isn't great. I'd find an upgrade for him.

OF/1B are the easiest positions to find upgrades at, so you should be able to get some better guys through waivers/FA.

Your pitching is generally old, in decline, and not very good. Larry Hess is pretty good for an old guy. Keep him around. Fabián Lozano is also a keeper. Everyone else should be replaced by better prospects from waivers/FA.

Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Do your 16-28 search, and put on a filter for POT 12. Those are the guys you should be considering most highly. But for now, even 28-32 year old pitchers would be fine as long as they have better builds.

A guy with 5 movement is fine as long as he has high CoS and/or speed and good control. A pitcher doesn't need to be good in all areas to be good. Rather excelling in one or two areas is better.

My closer is a dominate pitcher. He only has 9 movement.
Maksim

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I PUT A 16 - 28 SEARCH AND 12 POT AND 0 RESULTS DIDNT I JUST SAY THAT BEFORE!?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
READ THE WORDS THAT ARE ON THE SCREEN. YOU NEED TO CHECK THE "Include Waivers" BOX.
Maksim

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maksim

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
must have been page error... searched again then got many results and question: is Corey go?
Maksim

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
ok guys now check me out (NOTE: I am not releasing guys who have over 11 POT wheater they are old or not
Maksim

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
need a response
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
You need players to play the game. You have LOTS of free space on your team right now. You've made some good moves. Just keep doing that and you'll have this team turned around in no time. Well more like several seasons, but still. That's the whole point of the game. Just keep refining and improving the team so you win and advance up the League ladder. Just don't be disappointed if it takes a while. You can't just buy a winning team in this game like in some other games. It takes some patience, but you have already started to improve the team.

Previous Page | Show All |