Help

Forum >> Help >> Maximum Injury Length?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
shikago

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hi,
Just wondering what the maximum injury length is? Logged in now & noticed I have a player with a 35 day injury!?! Seems pretty excessive... Has something changed lately? (I've basically taken a hiatus from the game since the end of last season til today)

I remember it being stated numerous times that injuries were mostly to reward depth & simulate days off. And that very lengthy injuries weren't the intention...
AmUnRA

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
the small/short injuries are the offday simulation but the large/long injuries are the real injuries like braking your ankle while jumping with your kids ;)
shikago

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

like braking your ankle while jumping with your kids ;)

Oh wow, did that happen to you? Ouch.

Well I always used to think of the 10-20 day injuries as the "real" ones. Since those were fairly infrequent compared to the shorter ones. Can't remember ever getting any injury close to this long...

Anyway, out of curiosity would *really* like to know the maximum possible injury length. But only Steve would know that.

But to anyone else reading this, what's the longest injury you've gotten so far? Anyone with a 40 day injury?
AmUnRA

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
no not me

my longest was ~15-17 days and many many 3-7 day injuries
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
The longest injury is 35 days (which is probably fewer games than that). That is extremely rare...although it happened to my team (best pitcher too!). Most injuries are only a day or two.

Starting pitchers tend to miss a few more days (so they actually miss a turn in the rotation).

Steve
shikago

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

The longest injury is 35 days

Thanks. Figured mine had to be near the maximum length! I remember seeing over 20 days before, but very rarely.

Starting pitchers tend to miss a few more days (so they actually miss a turn in the rotation).

Ah, ok. Wasn't aware you set it up so that risk/length for starters was greater. Does make sense though... anything under a 4 game injury for a starter is basically meaningless.

Kind of like MLB suspending a starting pitcher for less than 5 games, lol. --> Pitcher can appeal his suspension, make his scheduled start, then drop the appeal. And serve the suspension on his normal rest days.
shikago

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
This probably doesn't warrant it's own thread, so will ask here.

Does age have any effect on injury?
My pitcher that had the 35 game injury barely came back and... got a 15 game injury already? sigh...
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
No, sometimes it’s just bad luck.

The things that affect the injury rate are mostly position played (pitcher & catchers are more likely to get injured) and playing time or number of pitches (ie. a pinch hitter is less likely to get injured than somebody playing the whole game).

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |