Help

Forum >> Help >> A question about players below 12 pot   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Dan6176

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I was looking at the two first place teams and two last place teams in LL and noticed that only the bot team had player below 12 pot. I am in a level vi league and have two all stars at 11pot. My catcher is improving every season. I was wondering if anyone level iv or better league has any decent productive players below 12pot?
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't know of any. The overall quality of competition in the upper leagues is much better, and therefore the 12 potential players only have a handful of different builds that can be useful. Anything below 12 potential simply is a longshot to have a useful build. Maybe if you can find a pitcher with less than 10 total skill points in defensive skills along with a great pitching skill with enough control to not struggle to find the plate it could work, but the number of useful builds increases with higher potential because they have more overall points.

Edit: Btw, you are very likely to stunt Sokolov's development by bringing him up early. It is unwise to promote an A ball player at 22, because in order to hit their full potential players need to get the minor league training before ~26. Yes, they gain skills faster at the major league level in the short run, but they will only gain a certain amount of SI from that major league experience. After that you will have a player that fell ~10 SI short of his cap and no way to get him to his cap at around age 27.

Updated Tuesday, June 21 2016 @ 9:40:39 am PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I've seen people highlight a couple good examples. But we're talking about 1B, DHs and relief pitchers with extreme builds.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
In LL III I have Sam Conners, 11 potential 88 SI switch hitter and yes a DH. I actually started him at 1B in the next to last game just because. He was replaced for defense in the 8th I believe.
He is the guy that makes my offense go. What offense I have. He had a late season slump and ended up just under .300 but in my league that was good enough for 4th or 5th in the top 10. Before he slumped I thought he was going to win the batting title. He hit 25 homers, almost none down the stretch compared with 31 last season in IV.

He fits Rock's profile but he's great at what he does.

Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I have one player on my roster who started as a 12p prospect but has gone on to mature to 104 SI, pushing him to 13p. Bradshaw is a lefty reliever, though, and while he has had some success against righties, his skill set is still rather special.
And from the previous team owner, I inherited a 12p slow-running lefty corner outfielder who would have been better as a DH or 1B, but I needed that spot for someone else most of the time. He was a productive player up to league 4, but in 3, he really couldn't keep up. Low potential players often don't have much margin for age decline, either. He got the boot at age 32 but had two more productive seasons with league 5 and 6 teams.
So, I would say, towards the top, even a 12p can be a reliever or DH at best. Below 12p, I usually don't even bother looking.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Well I'm just demoting out of LLIV but I have one such guy in Burton.

Given he's hit just .211 over the last season and a bit despite an excellent BB:K ratio, and good power, and his really good hitting build, he's likely getting cut this offseason as he's already 32.

Previous Page | Show All |