Help

Forum >> Help >> Spring Training   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
dmcc1

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Which minors should play in spring training?

Is it just those in AAA or all of them or somewhere in between?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Spring training is free experience for anyone you want. The only players I would not play are those who are "too old to improve" or "doesn't have too much room for improvement." Other than that, you can choose who you want to get the experience. I tend to concentrate on my rookies and AAA, but there are no wrong answers here.

One important note, you do not have to promote players to the majors to play them in spring training games.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I always aim to get at least 50 ABs for minor leaguers I think are going to be significant contributes down the road with the priority going down the ladder from young majors to AAA down to Rookie.

As far as pitchers, I never have enough pitching prospects to really worry about rationing the IPs, so I don't have a specific number to offer for them.
Huaraches25

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm starting my star 2B at Catcher so he can have some experience probably too late to switch but my starting catcher is turning 34 and the catchers in my minors are better as SS, 3B

Updated Sunday, June 19 2016 @ 11:23:08 am PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Spring Training is a great time to get players position experience. I *believe* they gain it at the same rate as majors (which is slightly faster then in the minors), plus since the games don't count for anything the errors don't hurt you.

Previous Page | Show All |