Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hey I was wondering which rotation is best

4 man, 5 man, or 4 and a half man rotation
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I've found that a 5 man is good for interleague play, but 4 man works fine during most of the regular season. You still need a 5th for niggling injuries and the occasional fatigue from a stacked schedule (plus for interleague), but I just move my worst guy to LR once I am in the regular season.

I haven't used 4 1/2, but I suspect it wouldn't be enough for interleague and it would be too much for regular season. I'd probably just do 4 with a Spot Starter myself over 4 1/2. But really there is only a couple times a season when I switch between 4 and 5 (interleague play), so its easier for me to just manually make the switch at that point.

BTW, if you don't have a SS and no one is eligible to pitch, I believe your LR gets the first call. So I find that to be the more useful assignment during regular season play. I do watch the team daily though, so its easier for me to react to injuries then for some folks.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't think there is one clear answer. I prefer 5 man. It is easier to work with if you have injuries or a lot of games without many days off. I will sometimes even stretch it to 6 man if I'm deep in the cup during interleague play. I can always maneuver things if guys are plenty rested or I want to create a better matchup. I usually have 6th guy I can start in the bullpen to keep things flexible. But that's just me.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The best depends on your situation.

How strong is your rotation?

If you have 5 starters you feel good about, start them. I'd only go 4 man if you feel like one starter is too much of a liability and you would win more games skipping his starts.

Also mind your stamina. 4 guys at 12 stamina will probably have trouble unless you 4½ to extend the rest every other pass through.

During inter-league play, doing anything less than 5 will almost definitely cause pitchers to pitch without full rest and at times actually have a BP guy start instead.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
This really depends on your pitchers, your mgmt settings and what part of the schedule you're in.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |