Help

Forum >> Help >> Brand New quick question   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
iladel90

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
So from looking around I take it all I can really do at this time is make sure to draft players when possible & ride it out for the rest of the season? I messed with tactics & lineups & that stuff but my team isn't going anywhere this season anyway. Is there anything I should be doing at this time to help my team going forward?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
This is a good time to try and get as many innings for your young players as possible. It will help them develop.

First off, you definitely want to promote Lowry since he is being recommended for the majors.

Next, I would try to get anyone under the age of 28 who you think could be useful as much playing time as possible.

Taking a look at your team's youth... the good news is, you can't really mess up your team and you will have a lot of fun and a great sense of accomplishment after you rebuild it. The bad news is, you don't have a lot of young talent...

Rocca might stay with you for a little while. McKinney looks fairly average. Mata looks fairly average. Burke could be decent. Estrella looks pretty good. Stanley looks like an excellent player.

Estrella could become a pretty good 2B. This is also a good time of to retrain guys into the positions you want them in. Start Estrella at 2B for every game for the rest of the season.

Burke should NOT be a catcher with that arm. Maybe 2B or LF. He doesn't have a great defensive build...

Stanley shouldn't be a catcher. LF might be ok. Probably worth training him at 1B.

Another thing to do would be to get a better manager. Look for one with decent ratings. When the season turns, there will be better managers on the board, but they will disappear fast. The is no penalty in switching managers, so it doesn't hurt to find the best one you can now even if you do switch in a couple weeks.

Also, look at your stadium and figure out how you would like to set it up for next year.

Updated Friday, June 10 2016 @ 7:40:32 pm PDT
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
You could also do some scouting of players who will be available through waivers next season and book mark some of the ones you are interested in.

This will make waivers a little easier and reduce the chances of someone you want slipping through unnoticed. (Sometimes the reopening of waivers occurs at an inconvenient time for an individual manager).
iladel90

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
So are the players on waivers now the ones that will be there after the season?
Benchwarmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
All the players in currently in FA will go on waivers once the season resets, with the exception of some older players who may retire.

Updated Saturday, June 11 2016 @ 8:35:12 am PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, that's a great idea. As Benchwarmer said, pretty much everyone on Waivers and Free Agency will be available at the start of the year (I think guys 34 or older might disappear). For good players (13+ POT) expect heavy competition. You can put in as many waivers as you want, so feel free to put in for every player you think will help (which will be most of them), just don't plan to win a lot of them. It would be a good idea to scour through the 12 POT to find good players as well. A lot of 12 POTs are really good, and they get less claims. The waivers are staggered a bit, so they won't all happen on the same day. If you get super lucky and win a lot on the first day you can always clear some space for the next day. There is no penalty for dropping a guy you just grabbed off waivers.

For a rebuilding team, I would recommend concentrating on younger players, but if you would like to be immediately competitive, a few veterans would be ok as well, just avoid guys who are 31+. Players can start to decline as early as 29 and the loss of abilities happens at the start of the season.

This thread can help in your evaluation of talent (although its useful to look at actual performance for veterans).

Updated Saturday, June 11 2016 @ 8:56:34 am PDT

Previous Page | Show All |