Help

Forum >> Help >> Pitching Diagnosis   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
brentswagger

Lakeville Bears
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Interestingly enough I look at the batting averages for your league and I didn't see eye popping averages. It seems to be an off year for all these guys in the same year. As a new guy I would tend to think you ride it out and they will come around eventually. Curious to hear thoughts on some owners who have been around longer.
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree with brent to just ride out the bad stretch of pitching. I did that with Raul Valdivia and now he's 4-0 in his last four starts.

I would also suggest to lower pitch counts and hooks to see if they do better.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Cardona had a terrible season in 2026, a full 1.50 above his career ERA. This season he is back on track, even if his win-loss record does not show it. Season long slumps can occur. If the league hitters aren't super impressive compared to the hitters in the league you were in last season, and there were no major defensive changes, it could just be a string of bad luck, it does happen.
xLee227

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks guys, I think I'll give Brewer one more shot today, and see how he does starting, I do need some backend bullpen help! Even if it's a season-long slump, I'm just a game and a half out of relegation right now and can't afford to give up ground in the division, so hopefully they turn it around sooner rather than later.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Unless you have a replacement ready, I'd suggest hiding him as unassigned rather than cutting him now that free agent signing and waivers have closed. That way if you get to a place where you can give him another shot you still have him. He's only 30, he should still have at least 2 more good seasons in him since he is not a pure velocity pitcher (velocity is the first skill to decline for pitchers).
xLee227

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, I don't think I can afford to cut him. I do have four 22-24 year old pitchers in AAA, but will definitely keep Brewer for a few more seasons at least.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Brewer and Thomas give up a lot of long balls.
xLee227

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It's only one start, but Brewer's picked up right where he left off...27.0 ERA, didn't get out of the first inning -.-

On the plus side, Pacheco's pitched four scoreless innings, so hopefully he'll be able to turn it around!
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Hehe. 27 ERA, 0.10 FIP. :)

Not much to do but ride it out.

I like that you played Bonilla in the OF for his start. I have a couple of pitchers for whom I always try to play the best defense behind them, even if it means hurting the offence a bit.
xLee227

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, I really need him to do well as a lot of my core bullpen guys are declining. Hopefully he figures it out!

Previous Page | Show All |