Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hey what does Fatigue Limit and Intentional Pass mean

Thx
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Intentional Pass is when the pitcher intentionally walk a runner. This can be done situationally (runner on first and third) or against a strong hitter. I generally only allow my good pitchers who don't walk a lot of batters to do this. Nothing worse then intentionally walking a guy and then accidentally walking the next guy for a run.

The fatigue limit is how much fatigue a player can have and still be considered for relief. A very fatigued reliever won't be considered to come in. So you can use this setting to tweak how fatigued you will let a reliever get and still consider him to pitch. A negative number means you want them well rested.

EDIT: Edited to correct error in response.

Updated Friday, June 10 2016 @ 6:42:47 am PDT
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Not to nitpick Rock777's post, but the fatigue settings only apply to relievers. They have no effect on starters.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I never use Intentional Pass, mainly because you can't choose particular hitters to issue it to (AFAIK).

I've seen batters intentionally walked on my team by opponents and then seen my next batter up get a hit. The number of times I've seen a guy on a cold streak get intentionally walked for a 'Hot' hitter is remarkable, so I avoid it.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Good catch Seca.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I've seen batters intentionally walked on my team by opponents and then seen my next batter up get a hit.

The biggest problem with it (IMO) is if you walk a base-stealer. He scoots to 2nd which means your pitcher IBB's the next guy. Things can get out of hand really fast.

Previous Page | Show All |