Help

Forum >> Help >> Minor League Stats   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Hatleyville

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
How much weight do you guys put on players stats in the minors? Is there much correlation between their minor league numbers are what they will potentially produce in the years to come?

Similarly, can you read between the numbers to sort of project prospects skills that are not listed on their scouting report? For instance, a guy that doesn't have any mention of power in their scouting report, but hits for good power numbers in Rookie and A ball.

This is my first year, and after a couple of months playing, I'm now wanting to focus more on the intricacies of the game to improve my team for the seasons to come - most notably, improving my farm system.

Thanks for any input. The community in this game is amazing and I always enjoy reading others comments.

Cheers!
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
None to a small sample size (under ~90 innings pitched or ~200 ABs). I have learned to give a moderate amount of weight after that, because although you have no idea who he is playing with or against, after that point you can be fairly certain that it is getting towards a representative sample. I still value the scouting report and potential more than the minor league stats though. If you have a guy you are on the fence about keeping, it is a very good tipping factor one way or the other.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
It can give you a general idea of how good a guy is, but the competition fluctuates so much, and the guys on your team aren't facing the same players, so it can be hard to get confident data out of performance. There are two numbers that I think are still pretty good indicators of future performance however.

Crank up you base stealing settings for all your minor leaguers under the Spring section of the management tab. If a guy steals a lot in the minors it means he has the base stealing hidden trait and will also try to steal a good amount in the majors. This is not correlated with speed.

GB/FB ratio fluctuates a bit from year to year, but on average this seems to be fairly stable as they enter the majors. Having a low GB/FB is especially useful for power hitters. That is if you want them to hit HRs ;)

EDIT: The other thing is that player development can really mask performance. Some players are horrible until they reach a certain place in their development. Then everything snaps into place.

Updated Thursday, June 9 2016 @ 3:15:11 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All |