Help

Forum >> Help >> Position Change   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
DodgerBlue42

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/94159

So I've got a decent 1b but in my mind he fits the profile of a catcher. He's already like 26 and playing at 95 si

Do you guys think it's worth the investment to leave him in AAA and wait for him to develop as a catcher or to go ahead and bring him up as an everyday 1b?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I wouldn't. He is a lefty. Plus it will take you three seasons of playing him as your primary catcher before he learns the position. So you'll have a horrible catcher for three seasons, with the hopes of having a mediocre catcher for the following three seasons. Not worth it in my mind.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I wouldn't even have him on my roster.

He might have made a reasonable defensive catcher if his first owner had put him there at 18, but as @Rock says there's no hope for that now. Plus, "never be a decent hitter" is instant cut for me.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I tend to focus on defense, but there is one comment I have zero tolerance for and it is the "never be a decent hitter" comment. That means he will be a black hole on offense as soon as he starts facing halfway decent pitchers. I'm with Rock and almaric, cut him, he will be of no use to you. There are better guys available in free agency right now.

Previous Page | Show All |