Help

Forum >> Help >> Manager   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
OK, so now that I'm in my 3rd full season (and jobless) I've been digging into BB a little bit more. So I decided to go back a reread the manual to better understand things. For managers it says this:

Defense: how well does the manager coach emphasize defense and ultimately influence their performance in the field.

Is that the extent of it or does the defense rating also affect the defensive training of a player. For example, if I have a player that has a scouting report says he "can be amazing in the field" will a poor defensive rating of the manager prevent him from reaching that level or will he still get to that level and just play poorer?

I'm asking because my manager has a killer development rating (14) but his defensive rating sucks (7).
Spoonerific

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I would imagine it as the manager not putting the amazing fielding player in positions to be most effective like not knowing when to shift the infield.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Training is affected by the "Player Development" skill, so yes, "that is it" defense affects hows the defense plays. It is only a very small bonus or malus though, so don't expect a good defensive manager to turn a bad defender into a good one, or vice versa.
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks. I think for my team, seeing as how most of my minors are in the lower levels, I'll stick with my current manager and get every bit of training possible.

Previous Page | Show All |