Help

Forum >> Help >> Difference in 2B and 2b   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
3B and 3b, etc... I know the capital is better than the lower case but how much? I've been pretty much playing my guys without much thought to the difference. Now that I think about it, I don't know, maybe that has something to do with my team making 92 errors in 90 games and having the 2nd lowest fielding pct in my league, lol.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
There are two schools of thought. One, that there is a continuous spectrum of player skill and 3b/3B sit at different points in that spectrum. The other is that players are either incompetent (nothing), competent (lowercase), or skilled (uppercase) at each position. Either way, lowercase is better than nothing, but not as good as uppercase. I'm not sure if there is a numeric value as to how much better. Some positions (LF,RF,1B) I feel more comfortable playing a lowercase guy at, while others (SS,2B) I feel less comfortable with.
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Cool, thanks for the info. I've just recently started paying a little bit more attention to the finer points of the game. This is my 3rd full season and my team is finally starting to be "my team." Not sure if that's good or bad but either way, I'm digging the game and I'm trying to learn more as time goes by.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
You are doing extremely well. :). It is satisfying when you reach the point where it feels like your team.

You are talking about Barrios? His development graph shows he picked up lower case 2b at the start of 2024. He has that season and 2025 in the minors with (as far as I can tell) a 2b focus. That probably puts him about half way to upper case.

To add a little to Rock777's post, I am fairly convinced it is a spectrum. Every player I've trained in a new position has seen a gradual decrease in errors.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
All skills and experiences are a continuous spectrum. It's just quantized to 1-20 or -/2b/2B or so many years etc.

Steve
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for the info. I was just wondering in general after reading another post about defense. I've been playing guys at a position other than their main position for as long as I can remember is all. You know, been more concerned with scoring runs than giving them away but this season, holy damn, my team has made a ton of errors. Like I said, I'm starting to dig into BB more and more.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Playing players out-of-position (especially younger ones) isn't that bad an idea if their defensive skills line up with that position. There will be some penalty while they learn the position, but eventually they'll be a more valuable player with a position that matches their skill set and your needs.

Keep in mind, if you're in the tight race...you'll need to weight the advantages and disadvantages of this strategy.

Steve

Updated Monday, May 30 2016 @ 11:02:56 am PDT

Previous Page | Show All |