Help

Forum >> Help >> Another Year in AAA/Cut/Call up and play?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Slug5373

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hello everyone,

I'm just curious on your thoughts on Martin Jaramillo. He is a player I drafted five seasons ago and he should be an ok player. About a month ago, I would have called him up and immediately started playing him at 2B. However, I got dealt this guy on the waiver wire. He is currently my starting basemen. Right now, I'm leaning towards cutting my average, 3 million dollar second basemen and calling Jaramillo up; however, I would not know whether to start Jaramillo or Newton. (BTW, I already have a shortstop I am grooming who is also very good in the field.) The only other place I could play Newton is in the outfield which I feel would be a waste of his fielding prowess, although his 17 range is superb and he could pick up right where aging Ken Marsh will end. Or, I could even switch Batista to the outfield and train Newton at shortshop and move Jaramillo to 2nd.

Whew! Basically, what I am trying to say is I have so many options that I do not yet know how to proceed. In addition, Jaramillo is only 21. Although he could probably hold his own in level V, is it worth another year of development in AAA? I am interested to hear anyone's thoughts about how I could shift players and positions around, who to cut, who to sit on the bench, whether to leave Jaramillo at AAA and leave everything as is for now, etc.

Edit: I should have mentioned that Jaramillo was just popped the "He may have learned all he can at this level" message.

Updated Saturday, May 28 2016 @ 7:05:02 pm PDT
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Marsh's range is pretty limiting at CF, he's probably costing you a few extra FB's out there, Newton is great at either SS or 2B - Jaramillo is a good 2B/LF, although probably better in CF than Marsh due to teh range.

I've got a similar guy - Schneider who I've bounced up and down between the minors and bigs a bit, he's now staying in AAA until he gets his 2B, and he'll probably be my starting 2B next season due to Walker aging.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I think the answer to the Newton/Jaramillo question partly depends on how much confidence you have in Izquiredo.

If you believe Iz is going to turn out, then I don't see much value in moving Newton to SS. And if you don't move Newton to SS, then Jaramillo probably doesn't have a lot of value to your team. He's not a very useful bench player b/c of limited position knowledge.

Newton in the OF isn't bad. (For me, being a RHB at a LHB position is a bigger problem than a few extra points of defense). Kind of a nice way to get his fielding closer to "outstanding" while playing a less demanding position. Would give you an opportunity to play both players now. Tho if OF isn't Newton's long term home, you are training one of those guys up for some other team's benefit. (That said, considering your place in the standings, simply having a cheaper backup 2nd for the rest of the season certainly has merit).

Updated Tuesday, May 31 2016 @ 9:01:27 am PDT

Previous Page | Show All |