Help

Forum >> Help >> Too Many First Basemen   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Huaraches25

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My majors is old, some players are really old and don't have a good replacement in my farm system, however I have two 1B under 30 and 4 in my minors, I don't know if any deserve to be cut especially the 3 in rookie league cause I can't see where theyre going yet except Ramos should be really good. Should I cut one of the other two know to make room for a new player at a different position I think (not sure while writing this) that they are all leftys which limits the potential for oonversiom.
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
You should cut Beníquez and Leblanc. Leblanc's potential is kind of low and Beníquez doesn't have a hitting report like Orellana.

Ramos should be a CF because he has high range and arm. Orellana should play first base or DH.
Huaraches25

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Another question I have a pitcher in AA http://brokenbat.org/player/114499/X he has 149 major league games already and my pitching could use somewhat of a boost, should I say his growth has already been stunted too much and just see what he can give me now or just stick it out until he's actually "ready" I'd really like his velocity to pop up a few more points cause he kinda can only work a bullpen role.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't know that his growth is stunted. He doesn't have the "is overmatched at this level" tag. Some players are ready earlier then others. I'd probably leave him up either way.
Huaraches25

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
He doesn't have the 'overmatched' thing cause he's where he needs to be right now I always read that calling up people before they're ready stunts their growth and they can't reach their full potential
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
That's true, but how do you know he wasn't ready? Looking at his minor history his previous owners didn't play him at all. So you are probably correct. But we have no way of knowing what level he was recommended for, or how much time he missed... Some players are recommended to the majors at 21.

It probably wouldn't hurt to give him some training updates in the minors if you plan on using him long term. You can still play him in the majors, and just demote him before the training update.

Previous Page | Show All |