Help

Forum >> Help >> Older pitcher in minor league   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Garnet

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If an older player (29) has missed AAA and is 10 SI short of his potential is it any use to put him in back AAA for a bit--ie. can he still gain training? He has the "He is probably too old to improve much more".
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
At 29, I'd say no. The oldest I tried was 27, and that didn't work too well.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
It does seem to work with 25 year olds, and I think people have had varying success at 26. But as Newtman points out, your returns diminish pretty quick. Probably not going to help with a 29 year old.

If he is completely stalled out ("not much room for improvement" at 28), here is an experiment you could try:

- play him as normal in the majors
- drop him down to AAA for training updates on Friday night
- rinse and repeat

You could try that and see if you can get him to improve at all.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Rock, you mean Thursday night...
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
LOL. Yeah.
Garnet

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Here is an update. First I cut the pitcher in question... however I had the same problem with a promising SS. He is SS and 2b.

He was 28 and 4 short of his potential (100SI to 104)
He didn't have the "learned all he can" tag and had limited AAA experience. I missed seeing this so I could have done more for him earlier in the year which I keep kicking myself for.

Rock - I took your advice and for training updates 7 through 10 dropped him down on Thursday and brought him back later - one week I left him down there.
He gained 2 SI.
He now has the learned all he can tag..... however I will keep him in AAA for spring to get 30 games at 2b as I would like him to play 2B as needed.
Hoping i can get a bit more fielding out of him as well.

Previous Page | Show All |