Help

Forum >> Help >> Position eligibility?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
quanin

Cleveland Thunder
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
So when I took this team over a couple months ago, I had several players who were definitely not in their ideal positions. Managed to fix what I could and tossed the rest, so now I just get to wait it out. My question now is, how long should I give it before I start seeing any kind of improvement?

For instance: I have Gomes assigned to play at 3B. I can tell he's improving skills-wise, and he's definitely gotten minors playing time, but he still shows as only having a minimal amount of exp at OF. I ordinarily wouldn't care since I have Farr who'll probably be my everyday 3B in a couple seasons, but Gomes is further along the development track than he is at the moment (Farr's still in rookie), so barring something I haven't been here long enough to see I'm planning for someone to fill the hole until he is. Is Gomes just not catching, or is this an example of newbie needs to learn patience?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
It can take a couple seasons for them to go up a level. They can also drop if they don't get playing time. Caesar could lose the of, but he probably won't. Gomes should be a full fledge 3B around the age of 22, which should be before he is ready for the majors anyhow. So he is on a good track.

EDIT: It could be earlier depending on where is latent 3B ability currently lies, but 22 is a safe ceiling for when to expect a full 3B. If he gets his 3b at 19, then he will probably get 3B at 21.

Updated Friday, May 27 2016 @ 9:50:04 am PDT
quanin

Cleveland Thunder
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm hoping he does... he'll be wasted at OF if I follow his scouting report strictly, and I'd rather not see the AI put him there when I eventually need to sit him for Farr.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
If you leave him as playing 3B in the minors I can guarantee you that he will get 3B before hitting the majors. The only wild card would be if he promoted really early to the majors, but I don't think he will get the nod before 23.

Updated Friday, May 27 2016 @ 10:14:57 am PDT
quanin

Cleveland Thunder
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Well, if he does, he'll make a fine utility IF with a 3B leaning. Not about to complain at any rate.

Previous Page | Show All |