Help

Forum >> Help >> Hard Decisions To Make   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Balbinjj

Appleton Foxes
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I am pretty sure a lot of other GMs can help us out in some decisions that we have a hard time making.

I have two this offseason:

#1 My Old Franchise player http://brokenbat.org/player/64350 is still having a huge salary. He regressed in some areas last season. Should I keep him?

#2 The salary of my closer has jump up to $2 M. Should I keep him? http://brokenbat.org/player/96297
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
1 - unless you expect Quintana to come in and be a contributor immediately, I would keep Alfaro. For his numbers, that's not a terrible salary (even for a League V guy).

2 - I would see who you get on waivers (if you want to go that route), but I would consider keeping him unless finances are not looking good. I think Dean Bergen could be a very good, cheaper closer as well
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I have never cut a player due to salary, so no to #2 for me. #1 looks like he is in hard regression, but could still be useful. Just don't let #1 take time away from youngsters development, because he won't be useful even off the bench in another season or two.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd drop Alfaro. He had a rough time last year, and it should be even worse this year given his regression.

Potter doesn't look that great to me. I think his lack of Control is deadly (especially as a closer). I'd find a 25 year old prospect that someone else has given up on instead.
quanin

Cleveland Thunder
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
#1 seems like a similar case to Martin. He was my everyday catcher on an emergency basis after I took over this team a few weeks ago. This season, at least until his replacement is ready, he shares playing time with his backup. with or without his replacement I don't see him sticking around much past the end of this season.

Your guy should be useful still for this season, though as was said probably not nearly as useful as he's been. While he's busy being useful, I'd start preparations to call up or sign his replacement.
Balbinjj

Appleton Foxes
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I hope there could be also a positive effect to the team and to the fanbase in keeping a former face of the franchise player.

Previous Page | Show All |