Help

Forum >> Help >> Projecting Managers   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Geech

San Luis Obispo Turtles
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
Fury, I did see something about that when I was searching the forum for information about managers, but I also saw that Steve said he wanted managers to have about the same impact as a player. So the difference between a good manager and a bad manager isn't nothing.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I also saw that Steve said he wanted managers to have about the same impact as a player

Exactly...that is the target.

So they aren't inconsequential, but having a good manager (as opposed to a great manager) wouldn't sink your team either.

Steve
Vaspirate

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
So, question, is it worth it to take a manager that is excellent at developing and poor at another task? Refer to the main stats of pitching and hitting.
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
In your case I'd absolutely say it was worth it. And I was waiting for someone to snap up Cook!

My manager is also poor at developing pitchers so I'm waiting to see what sort of effect that has on their growth. Pitchers tend to make their biggest gains on hitting the majors anyway, and personally I would always take an excellent hitting teacher over an excellent pitching teacher.
Hayseed

Hood River Hawks
V.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Do managers increase their skills faster with winning as well as experience? Or any other factors that go into their development?
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 Managers don’t develop. When managers hit the market, their skills are masked as being flat tens across the board. As they spend more time managing, their skill displays are gradually adjusted to what they actually are, but the skills themselves don’t change.
Hayseed

Hood River Hawks
V.2

Broken Bat Baseball
sweet thanks mate.
jpnwrt

Logan Pioneers
V.6

Broken Bat Baseball
If the coach has good+excellent (at pitching, in this particular case) but has only improved from 10/11 (or 11/11, not sure) to 12/11 in 4 seasons, is it time to give up on him? Or would you wait 1 more season (to complete that 5th full season)? I'm particularly disappointed with development, obviously. Was expecting him likely to turn out good, down from excellent, but 11 seems kind of low to hope for that...
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
From what I have seen, I think coaches reveal a LOT slower than managers.
jpnwrt

Logan Pioneers
V.6

Broken Bat Baseball
Oh... didn't think of that. Thank you :)

Previous Page | Show All |