Help

Forum >> Help >> Cut?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
mikkoredsox

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
So, http://brokenbat.org/player/106576, is going to be 26 and hasn't exactly panned out. He's still sitting in AA. I have an emotional connection with him I suppose, so I tried to play him out. I have a feeling you guys are gonna tell me to cut him. That or should I throw him into the fire in the majors next season?
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I would not cut him. He looks like a very good risk vs. reward proposition to me.

I think you made a good decision leaving him in the minors this past season. The extra 8 SI he picked up really helps his chances of working out.

I didn't look at the rest of your line-up. I would be content giving him playing time in the cup, maybe a spot in the vs. LHP line-up or occasional starts at 2B or 3B.

Not playing him full-time limits your investment a bit (in case he doesn't grow well). Hopefully it brings his skill level up to the point where he could play full-time in 2028 without being a drag on your results.

If you do have a full-time spot for him, can certainly try that instead. Would grow faster.
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I would not cut him. He looks like a very good risk vs. reward proposition to me.

This. Either promote him and give him some time like Seca said, or keep in AAA for another year and then promote.

Guy looks like a late bloomer, and these can turn out just fine - example.
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
To expand a bit on what is suggested above:

When you end up with drafted Latin or Asian guys, you have to look past their age.

Unless he's within 20 of his max SI AND you can give him a full-time job, I would agree to let him train in the minors. If after two or three training updates he's not learning anything, then you can assume he's learned all he can and he needs to come up and play.

Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
I looked at your roster. I would get him playing time at 2B. Johnson will be 30 and is very versatile and would make an excellent utility/pinch hitter coming off the bench.
mikkoredsox

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Alright I think I'm gonna give him a try, maybe not full-time, but in spots as suggested. I'm happy to give him a shot. Thanks for weighing in!
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
He looks ready to come up now. But when I've promoted guys out of AA, they always seem to get stunted. I'd give him a bit more time at AAA. But definitely promote him to AAA. At 25 he will never get the recommendation for promotion and 2 full years at AA is plenty. He should be playing at AAA now.

At a minimum I would leave him in AAA for spring training. You can always promote him to the majors for the start of the season.

Updated Friday, April 8 2016 @ 1:50:47 pm PDT
mikkoredsox

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Just wanted to give an update on http://brokenbat.org/player/106576/C. I've inserted him as a full-time starter and he's done much better in the cup than league play. This may actually be my first time advancing out of the first round of the cup.

He's gained 3 SI so far, including a 2 SI pop yesterday from the first week he's played full-time. The power seems like it could be there because he has 5 combined homers so far. Thank you guys for the advice, I'm cautiously becoming confident about him.

Previous Page | Show All |