Help

Forum >> Help >> Training for 13 went DOWN?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Dew South

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Have I missed something. Under the "Training" section, I have 13 players that show multiple red down arrows. Did they get into a bus accident on the way to spring training? YIKES! Any idea what's up?
thevinster

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
That would be your aging players' skill decline, most likely all of those players are in their 30's
tc_ferdzz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
yes...at season roll over your older players regress a little...or a lot...if they're really old...so look at where their ratings are after the regression and decide if they'll still be helpful to you or not....if not...dump em...cause they aren't getting any better
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Exactly, player aging takes effects resulting in some skill drops to older players.

Steve
Dew South

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Okay, then that's it because they are all in the same age range. So could the converse be considered as an enhancement? If there's an assumption that players decline based on age, it would make sense (to me) that as players play into their 20's they mature and as a result of that they improve....right?
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
In general, as players receive more training and experience, they improve. Not simply because they are aging, but because they improve due to the training and experience. With proper tutelage and opportunity most players will peak in their early to mid- 20’s.

On the converse side, players lose skills as they age – in large part because their physical attributes decline with age (starting in the early 30’s). Some skills are affected at younger ages than others.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |