Help

Forum >> Help >> CLOSER "role"   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
well i tried to cut copy it but won't let me.
i have closer set 30 pitch limit and normal fatique
3 run hook 8th inn triangle and 3 run maxlead
wuggla

VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
its not the settings i'am mad about its the fact its a closers supposed to finnish the game unless he blows save or losses game or is injury.
I was told injury happen after games not in games
correct me if i'am wrong in injury?
i 'am really trying to say it's a closer role to finnish a game he's the closer or finnisher unless its tied game in 9th and you go extra inning then change closer out or he looses the game. then fine he's the closer with a lost game what i'am saying is the last out of a game is the closers job to go in game and get last 3 outs or 1 out
wuggla

VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
ok ok ok i know i know i know the settings.
the thing i'am saying is if i set my closer to higher pitch count the game will still pull him if he's above pitch count or he's at the hook limit for runs
i can't say it enough hes a closer with the game needing 2 outs 3 outs or 1 out if hes in game already.
and your teams winning hes the pitcher i want to get the last out. i don't want some one else come in game in the 9th inning unless my closer already blows a save or the game is tied.
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Sounds like your closer really can't get 3 outs with less than 35 pitches
Maybe time to look for a new one
wuggla

VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
#32810 04/04/2016 3:58:20 pm
that post was wrong i'am srry this not venting thread.
Rock777 forgive me. there is always next year.
the help is already been said to me the answer is clear change my closer. or set his pitch count and hook limits higher. ok i get it srry realy i'am srry.
was just thinking that maybe it was possible that a closer finnish game. but i realized it's how the game is made and i got to do whats been recomended and change my closer to some one else.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
35 pitch count is kinda high for a closer.

There was a Reds vs. Jays series last season where the Reds brought Chapman into the game in the 9th tho it was tied. He really struggled. When he hit 30 pitches the Jays announcers were all speculating he was cooked for the series (was the Friday game of a weekend tilt).

I like your closer Wuggla. But would have him on a 20-25 pitch limit.

Personally I hate closers. They almost always are removing an effective pitcher from the game. And if they run out of gas b/f getting the job done, that just exaccerbates the problem.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@wuggla, that is how a pitch limit works, the pitcher is pulled when he goes over it. So the next batter after the pitcher goes over 35 pitches if your pitcher is set to a limit of 35 then the pitcher will be removed.

Personally, I haven't used a closer in 4 seasons, instead I have 3 set up men who close by committee. It has been quite effective for me until one of them was terrible this season.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@wuggla, I took a quick look at your closer, and I was going to chastise you for not putting your best relief in to close. Then I took a look at the rest of your bullpen. I think you could make some real sweeping improvements on your pitching staff this offseason. I wouldn't shy away from guys who aren't quite ready as long as they have good makeups and relatively high POT. You should be able to at least fill your roster with POT 12s.

I like your recent pickup of Butler. He could turn into a good pitcher. Just do more of that. And find some underdeveloped 25 year old guys who other players have given up on to flesh out your pitching roster. If you hit on one or two guys who grow 20 SI in their first season you could really bolster your staff.

Updated Monday, April 4 2016 @ 6:15:24 pm PDT
quanin

Cleveland Thunder
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
For the record, even though I'm new to BB, I'm not new to baseball. And being a Jays fan, I'm far too used to closers coming in who have absolutely no chance of holding a game. If the closer's coming apart and you're still leading, I see absolutely nothing wrong with pulling him in favour of a fresh arm. Even teams with dedicated closers don't send them out to finish every game. Much like some teams will send them out to just get some work in even if it's not a save situation. I'm a hardcore baseball fan as well, but let's be honest. If he's not getting it done in 35 pitches, I'll fire the manager who decides to let him stay on for pitch 36 if pitch 36 becomes a game-tying homer.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball

some teams will send them out to just get some work in even if it's not a save situation

It would be cool if the game AI did this as well. But I think we are pretty far away from that level of AI. And lots of folks would probably end up getting upset that the AI put there guy in for a non-save situation, LOL.

Previous Page | Show All |