Help

Forum >> Help >> Manager   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
olgaredfox

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm new to Broken Bat but I've just employed a new manager. The form of the team has improved but my manager has no reputation yet.

Q) When does the manager get his reputation i.e. when is it updated?

Q) Is it really important / not important to have a good manager - it's hard to tell?

Cheers
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The manager won't gain a reputation, you signed one of the old managers who was created before the switch to reputation. You can keep him, but he will never change from his base of all 10s.

There are bonuses to some managers which reveal over time, but the reputation you see when looking at managers is what the managers' skills will eventually end up being revealed (if that makes sense). In other words, the managers don't actually get better, the skills just slowly creep upwards or downwards to what they actually are (it appears to take 4 or 5 seasons to become fully accurate). The bonuses are tiny, but in the upper leagues where all the teams are owned by people who have risen through the ranks already (theoretically at least) every little bonus can make a difference.

Updated Sunday, April 3 2016 @ 12:44:00 pm PDT
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Q1 - his reputation isn't going to change. Skills improve* on Fridays with the training update. Eventual the visible skills will match the reputation.

Q2 - we've been told the effect of managers is pretty minor.

* Managers were revamped a couple seasons ago. Previously they did not have reputations. The manager you've hired is from before the change. Because of this, his skills aren't going to improve.

You would be better off with a new style manager. The pool of managers is refreshed during the off season. Watch the Events tab as the off season advances, and replace your guy once the new managers are available.
olgaredfox

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Ah Brilliant. Thanks guys
RJ Harrison

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I did sign a new style manager last season. He's still all 10s. When would that change?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
It takes a while and depends on how good they are. The guy you picked up is pretty marginal. I would expect him to be 10/10/10/11 by the end of the year. He will probably end up something like 9/11/10/13. I think there are still some better guys if you search around a bit.

EDIT: I believe it takes four full season for a full reveal of manager abilities. And the reveal happens at a consistent pace. So if your guy has 11 sometime around spring training he might actually have 14 in player development. If he isn't 11 until next season, he is probably a 12 or 13.

Updated Sunday, April 10 2016 @ 9:35:16 am PDT

Previous Page | Show All |