Help

Forum >> Help >> Youngster not producing   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes he has a cannon and if nothing else he stays on as my backup catcher. I really do want my catchers to be catchers. Also, considering catchers get nagging injuries I do prefer to bat them 7-9 so as to not upset the batting order when they go down. I really just had higher hopes offensively.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
He looked awesome at the draft. Five more points in BC and he'd probably be a star...
garfscores

Battle Creek Sting
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
I disagree on low bat control being a killer for every hitter. Here's my example.

The problem with your guy is the combination of low bat control and low plate discipline (17 combined), being right handed (.168 batting average against RHP) and still being inexperienced. He looks like a career backup at this point.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
McGee has a few things going for him (LHB, GB/FB, PD, etc.), but looking at his numbers I'm guessing he is also underscouted at BC and overscouted at PD. I wouldn't be surprised if both those numbers are off by a couple points.

But also notice McGee's AVG fluctuating by almost an entire .100 in between years where his SI didn't change. I like to compare BC with pitcher Control. I don't like the low BC guys for the same reason I don't like the low Control guys. Highly inconsistent in my limited experience. Schmitt for me frequently gets 3 hits in a game, and then goes weeks at a time without getting a single hit...

garfscores

Battle Creek Sting
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
There was one season for McGee (last year) that he produced at .100 points higher for 50 games. He changed teams and parks, which would have been part of that factor. Regardless, your notion of low bat control being a complete killer is incorrect. Hitting on the other hand seems to be almost impossible to overcome a single digit skill.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I disagree, but you are welcome to keep thinking that BC doesn't matter, LOL. Using a single outlier as evidence is always a good idea.
garfscores

Battle Creek Sting
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
Where did I say BC doesn't matter? As usual, your reading skills are suspect.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Semantic arguments are always super fruitful.

Where did I say low bat control is a complete killer? As usual, your reading skills are suspect.
garfscores

Battle Creek Sting
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
"I've found that players with poor Bat Control are consistently horrid batters."
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
My point exactly. No mention of killers.

And in response you produced an example of a guy with (maybe) slightly below average BC who was doing ok as "evidence" that BC doesn't matter.

Updated Tuesday, April 5 2016 @ 3:01:37 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All |