Help

Forum >> Help >> What do you do?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
cmneal

Bolingbrook Beavers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm 85-42 in league 6.4 and 5 games out of first.

The first place team only has nine pitchers on their MLB staff. And they are setting all kinds of real life records with relief pitching wins and endurance.

WTF...
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
A short roster of reliable relievers is better in this game at the lower league levels than a large ML roster in my experience. I never carried more than 10 pitchers until last season in LL III. I have said as much in a hundred different places in the forums when people with a ton of ML players asked advice, though I perhaps have not said in those words before...
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
What do you do? Hang in there. Any injuries they suffer will be more difficult to handle. May provide an opportunity to make up ground.

But as Newtman said, 9 is sufficient for this part of the schedule. Lots of off days, no double headers. There was a better chance of their pitching numbers hurting them while you played the West. Could still happen, but less likely.
cmneal

Bolingbrook Beavers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, I figured there wasn't much I could really do. Just keep plugging along. Acquiring and developing players best I can.

I was actually concerned about the use of RPs. I used to play a BBall sim called "GrandSlamBaseball", and we had issues with people putting 4 RPs as starters with short leashes and have 2 dominant SPs set to middle relief. The results weren't real good for the integrity of the game.

I only really mentioned him only having 9 Ps (and one has been injured for 20 days so really 8 for a 3 week stretch) because a couple seasons back I was having issues with my pitchers and was told repeatedly that I could not succeed at this game going with less than 10 mlb pitchers. I guess with other factors (schedule, quality and endurance of Ps) taken into consideration, it is possible.

Thanks for the replies guys.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Well there aren't reliefs and starters in this game just pitchers, and you choose where to play them. Nothing wrong with putting a workhorse in the bullpen, but relievers get tired just as quickly as starters.
cmneal

Bolingbrook Beavers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I should be more clear and say high stamina and low stamina instead of sp and rp.

Previous Page | Show All |