Help

Forum >> Help >> Training Focus   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Also
Bonus is not an additional amount of SI just a very small push to potentially get to their maxSI sooner
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
See, I set mine to Primary: Hitting, and Secondary: Fastball. And I was wondering why my pitchers aren't getting anywhere near as many gains as my hitters! Having said that most of my pitchers (10/13) are at least 29 years old, so there likely isn't any upside there, and improving my hitting seemed the best path to success this year.

I'm guessing switching to 'No Focus' for the rest of the season might be a better idea.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I focus my training. Not sure if it helps or not but I always have. I used to do primary control, secondary PD. I switched awhile back to secondary strength because my team completely sucked in power. I am sure it has no real immediate effect. That came from signing a couple power guys and maturation of some prospects.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
People who play other games are used to training focus concentrating all training (and skill increases) on that one skill.

Such is not the case in Broken Bat. The difference between the focused skill improvements and other skill improvements are small (5-10%). It more like a club emphasis on playing a certain way.

Regardless of your skill focus, players will end up largely the same. As in real life, that wimpy middle infielder isn't going to suddenly grow huge muscles because you're focused on power hitting. Nor is your radar gun going to shatter because you're focusing on pitching velocity. But it does effect how players develop.

Steve
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I use it sometimes if I see a particular skill is behind in development for a couple key youngsters. Or if I just want to get all of my team to develop a little bit quicker in a given skill.

Much of the time the stars don't align and I need different foci for different players, so instead I just do no focus, which distributes the training more evenly across each individual player's needed focus.

Updated Friday, March 18 2016 @ 1:42:21 pm PDT
brentswagger

Lakeville Bears
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm still very new so I may be asking a question that has a very obvious answer. When I click on training it shows 5 batters and 2 pitchers at various organizational levels. Are those the only players getting training? Do I have any control over who gets trained? Thanks.
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
All players receive training or experience, the "Training" page only shows those that popped a skill (indicated by green arrow), dropped a skill (indicated by red arrow) or learnt a new position.
brentswagger

Lakeville Bears
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks much. That makes a lot of sense now.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Keep in mind that Broken Bat players grow like real players. Owners can't really influence that growth beyond a small nudge from the training focus. There's no putting points into hitting or power to make them how we want them, they grow into who they were meant to be. Makes finding the guys with the right build for each minor league spot very important.
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
thats what makes this game awsome+real because the owners cant change or buy how the players devalope
yes we can use training focus to say hey lets work harder on this so we can get better faster but it is just a little bit faster.

Previous Page | Show All |