Help

Forum >> Help >> Projecting Disappointment   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Razzle

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/121400
Oscar Trevino

I have this Player Oscar Trevino. I drafted him and he has been with my team for just over 1 year.
Age = 22
Pot = 14
SI = 51 (up 9 for the year he's been with me)
Great Hitter = 2
Prolific Slugger = 3

Is there any way in the Wide World of Sports that Oscar reaches Great Hitter/Prolific Slugger/POT 14?

Breaks my heart to part ways, but those numbers seem Impossible to achieve!! Thoughts?????

Thanks!!

Garnash1970

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hi,

Given his age and that most minor leaguers only improve 5-10 SI per year, it will be a long shot. If you're deep,in his,position, you might keep him in the minors beyond 25, but that has it's own liabilities.

In a word: release him and move on. I would pass on him on waivers because of his age/SI ratio.
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
He could possibly hit the lower end of those projections if he starts gaining SI like crazy. I wouldn't give up on him. If you have better players than him, then you could release him. He could possibly hit the high end of 13 POT as well.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I will say this much, 9 SI in Rookie and A ball in just over one season is an enormous gain. Ask any experienced player and they will tell you as much. If he is gaining that in the lower minors, then he is on the highest possible SI gain trajectories possible, and may be worth keeping for that alone. That said, he is an outside chance of actually hitting his cap considering where he is at versus where his cap is. If his gains were slower, I'd say auto-cut, but I have a rather similar pitcher, who is about the same age and SI, with a similar ceiling, and the only reason he is still on the roster is due to his 9 SI per season gains at Rookie and A ball. See Rosa.
Razzle

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for the input!!

He's hanging on by a thread right now... LOL
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Would hold on to him for awhile even though he prob won't be anything more than a DH or a poor 1B
Did hit good for 2 seasons in rookie though not necessarily proving anything
You do have a few players to cut in my opinion to make roster space
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
I took a quick peek at your minors, lots of high potential there, but I think there are at least 4 or 5 cuts that would be much easier to part with than Oscar.

If you decide to cut that thread, I'll be in the group putting claims in for him.
Ace

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If he averages 9 SI per year, it would take him 5 more years just to get to 96 SI at age 27. If he were to add 2 each year to hitting and power, he would be at 12 and 13 at age 27. I think if he does reach close to potential, it would be just about at the time he begins to decline. To me, it's a lot of time to invest for maybe, just maybe a couple of good years. Tough decision. Guess it all depends on who else you have at the position you want to use him.

Previous Page | Show All |