Help

Forum >> Help >> Pitch count   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
sadman

Shamokin Hot Chili's
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
Hi all. Can anyone give me a rough estimate on the pitch count that should be set depending on a pitchers stamina? Eg does 15 Stamina = 100 pitches? That sort of thing.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't know what the optimal number is, but I generally do approximately 20 + (5 * stamina).

So around 95 pitches for 15. Mostly I just check to see if they are getting hammered late and back them down. Remember a guy with 15 stamina could in reality have anywhere from 12 - 18 stamina, so its a little bit of trial and error. But if you want a reasonable starting point, the above formula seems to work ok for me.

Updated Thursday, March 10 2016 @ 5:20:29 pm PST
jreynoldson913

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
well I have some 18 stamina pitchers and they are 105 pitches
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
If you default your management settings, they'll reset to the optimum number. From there you can play with that number either way.
Favuz

Oxnard Sunsets
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I use a more Dusty Baker-style of pitch counts.

I have 2 guys in my rotation with 12 stamina set to 100 pitches.
Other 2 guys with 14 stamina set to 115 pitches.
une guy with 16 stamina set to 120 pitches.

Maybe 115 and 120 pitches are a little too much (i should set 5 pitches less for those guys) but never had problems of recurring injuries.

Sometimes they have a blowout in late innings, but not so often.
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I have a 5-man rotation with stamina ranging from 9-15, and I have them all set to 110 pitches. No problems thus far.

My main reason for doing that though was that my bullpen was terrible!
motko

Nauvoo The Great Horned Owl
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
"
Bottom 9th: North Little Rock
Smith comes in to pitch.
Han hits a single to right field.
Krause comes in to pinch run for Han.
Norris hits a ground ball single through to right field. Krause advances to second base.
Madrid hits a double to center field. Krause comes in to score. Norris advances to third base.
Campbell comes in to pinch run for Norris.
The infield draws in and outfield is playing shallow.
Sutton hits a single to right field. Campbell comes in to score. Madrid advances to third base. "

The pitcher Smith had the hook set to 3. Why he wasnt hooked after the 3rd hit?
metalbat13

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Smith didn't get pulled because the hook number has to be exceeded, not just equaled. In your case, the number of earned runs (1) plus the number of baserunners (2) EQUALED three (your hook number), but did not EXCEED it. Therefore, Smith pitched to the fourth batter (and apparently gave up the game-winning hit).
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
If you default your management settings, they'll reset to the optimum number. From there you can play with that number either way.

That's the bot management default...but there is no guarantee that is optimal. Frankly, I think the best value depends a lot on the strength of your bullpen and the how much they generally need to pitch in other games.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |