Help

Forum >> Help >> Not understanding FINANCES   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Dew South

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I started mid-season with a team and have been confused about the finances all the while. I can't tell how much money I'm supposed to have in the coffer to make ends meet. Now that the season has "ended", it appears that I'm still spending money. I can't tell if I'm in good enough position to pick up any free agents or not. I did a ton of salary trimming when I picked up the team but can't tell whether I've got room to grow or need to drop further. And yes...I have looked at the Game Manual but it doesn't help me understand this part of the game or how the whole process works. Maybe I'm missing something...is there some other place that gives more guidance on handling finances? Help? Suggestions?
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Yes, improving the financial transparency of club management is on my list of things to improve. What I’m grapping with is what additional information needs to be collected and provided to help people. Would yearly revenues help? Closing balance by week?

Basically, the economy is fairly simply. The season is broken down into 10 training & economic updates and you play 1/10 of your player’s salaries every update. The updates happen every Friday morning (2 am Pacific Time).

Right now, I’m leaning toward providing closing balances for the last N updates and therefore you could identify the trend and adjust accordingly. I don’t know if there is other information that would be help too.

Steve
Thuetli

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
First of all, I’d like to say something about the financial system in BrokenBat. In my opinion there is too less money in the circulation. So most of the teams lose probably money every week, as my team does. Maybe the goal of the current financial system is to force us to take care of the money. If so not everyone can survive. The main problem is in my opinion that the incomes are probably too small. The salaries are in relation to the ticket incomes too high. The problem would be fixed if the ticket prices or the attendance or even the salaries would be more exponential.
For a better overview of the own financial situation I propose a table of finance (like in Hattrick) where you can clearly see your incomes and expenses per week and per season.

Thuetli
msigg6

Bay City Lions
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
um I managed my economy well and I'm gaining cash..........right now @ 43 MIL, at the start of the season I was @30 Million. 13 Million made.

you CAN earn cash in this game, just takes some wistful thinking ; )
Ajax

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I've setup a positive trend too. But weighing player salaries is very important.

What would be helpful to me is to be able to tell if I can afford player x. I think the problem is that we hire players based on annual salaries, but when we look at the current finance page there is no way to tell if we can afford the player.

That means I would need either a trendline of past profit/loss by week and/or a season long income/expenses projection--something visible that allows me to tell if adding $2.75M for an additional pitcher puts me in the red.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Okay...thanks for the suggestions. I am working on getting more information on the finance page so your have a better understanding of your team cash flow.

Also, there is a feedback mechanism that tries to equalization team cash balances around a certain level. So if overall team finances suffer, incomes increase and as overall team cash balances grow, incomes decreases. This works slowly though.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |