Help

Forum >> Help >> Disadvantage of a very young prospect?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Balbinjj

Appleton Foxes
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/102799

At 22, he is already in the majors but his skills doesn't look good to play in the big league.

I think, getting a prospect at a very young age has drawbacks too.
xLee227

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, I've got a similar prospect. Also 22, his 6 hitting is nowhere close to being feasible in the majors and as such he's relegated to pinch running and platooning against LHP occasionally.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Is he recommended for majors?

If I had to guess, most of the growing he has left is in Power... maybe a bit of BC/PD. Probably won't get a lot more Hitting though.
Balbinjj

Appleton Foxes
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Or maybe, they are undervalued on the numbers that are appearing on their skills because those are are really low for a Majors players.
Jayman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
most players aren't ready to be brought up from the minors until about 24 or 25. Ive had some that weren't recommended on the player page until older although the reassignment page has the green arrow up once they turn 25. I would say it is too early for him to be brought up.
And a "prolific slugger" description should land him between 17 ~ 20 for power. At 12 potential I would say that is were most of the rest of his growth will be. However it may be stunted if he is brought up too early.

Previous Page | Show All |