Help

Forum >> Help >> New Position   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
jreynoldson913

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hey I was wondering about this 3B Randy Knapp.http://brokenbat.org/player/100514
Anyway he plays third base but does nott have the greatest arm. I was wondering if I should move him to another position and if it is to late to move him to a new position.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Knapp would be a wonderful second baseman.

The problem is that he is in AAA. Not enough time to fully learn the position before he reaches the bigs. That means some learning on the fly at the major league level (ie., lots of errors).

If it was me, I would start training a less arm reliant position, and hope he is a quick learner. Even if he has to finish out in the majors, not terrible.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Agreed, he has a great 2B build. Defensively he would be good at 1B (which he has training at) as well, but his range would be wasted and really you want a better bat at 1B. Each player starts off at a different spot with position experience. So if you get lucky, and he was born with some 2B experience (hidden), then it might not take to long to get 2b. Given this is his first year a AAA, he might have one more full season, which will raise your chances at getting 2b. If he can't get at least little 2b by the time he is ready for promotion, I'd personally just give up and play him at 1B. Position training in the majors is pretty rough.

Previous Page | Show All |