Help

Forum >> Help >> Mgmt. Setting(smallest RD, Largest RD)   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Its not out of context if you didn't include any of the context...

Seems pretty straight forward to me. If you are tied and a pitcher gets the hook, then the game will sequentially look at:

LHP1/LHP2 versus LHB, RHP1/RPH2 versus RHB, Setupman1/2, MR1/MR2, LR1/LR2, Spot Starter

The closer is only brought in for save situations. For what you want, you need to emulate a closer with the +/- settings and make your closer a Setupman1 with the settings you want. You can still have a setupman2 who acts as a normal setup and is checked after the closer. LHS and RHS will be checked before, so setting those would cause your created closer to not get the nod. Might still be ok if you had for instance a LHS whose pitch count was really low as he could be pulled after 1 hitter.

Updated Monday, February 8 2016 @ 10:12:29 pm PST
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
You pull one sentence out of all my posts and say there isn't any context to my singular statement. That's brilliant.

Now you've contradicted yourself by saying you can emulate a closer by using a set-up man with those settings.

If pitchers were only pulled when they hit their hook limit, its unlikely your closer would ever come in.

As you said, that wouldn't work well, which is why I was seeing if adding 0 to the closer's settings would do anything. I want my closer to come in for save situations as well as late inning ties. It doesn't appear that it will. That's part of the clarification I was seeking.

It looks as if the new settings are still very restrictive. There's no way to redefine much of anything. I can really only see two type pitchers that it will make a difference on. One is to have a young guy in the MR or LR role who only comes in when you're getting torched. The second and most significant is to narrow the definition of "close" for the best set-up guy. Now he can be designated to only come in during the highest leverage situations. For me that means in the 7th inning or later with an RD of -1 to +1 or something similar.

Hopefully the restrictions will be loosened later. This looks to be an improvement, but I think it's still going to be pretty tight-laced. We'll see.

Updated Tuesday, February 9 2016 @ 9:51:53 am PST
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If it helps, I understand what you're saying, Mike. I haven't messed with relievers enough to know how they work yet though. I wasn't even aware the game didn't already use closers in ties. Other baseball sims do and I hate it because I never want my closer pitching in a non-save situation. I should use closer more if this game does things the way I like by default.

That said, you can only try 0 and see if it ever uses the closer in ties. I highly doubt it will ever pull a pitcher prematurely when there is no save opportunity.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
How is what I said a contradiction? I wish you would learn how to communicate a little better. I would make conversations much easier. You NEVER said in any of your previous posts what you were trying to do. You were vague and unclear (thus no context). Someday when you grow up you will learn do take responsibility for your words and actions instead of always lashing out in anger at others every time you make a mistake.
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Steve, is the change working as it was supposed to? I didn't tinker with new settings cause I was afraid something would go wrong, and looking at 1st game of the season something went horribly wrong for Deerfield Beach pitching. Was this solely user's fault?
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Yes and no. It looks like the first inning mgmt setting for the closer was manually set to 1, so the closer came in pretty early. Probably need to examine the closer logic a little better too.

The problem is, we removed the limitation on closer only coming in in the 7th inning and afterwards to allow individuals to see the value themselves. In this case, Lawerence comes in the 2nd inning because technically it's a save situation (if Lawerence pitches the rest of the game). Although Hill couldn't get the win....because he didn't go 5 innings?

So when is the earliest the closer should ever some in? Go back to the 7th inning?

Steve

Updated Tuesday, February 9 2016 @ 5:29:15 pm PST
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I think the seventh is fine. A few might want the sixth, so that would be alright, too. I think you'd be protecting teams in instances just like the one above by not letting it be any earlier.
Spoonerific

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If I had to vote I'd say the 6th inning since you could technically get a save in that situation no matter how much you lead by.

Is the restriction of 75 pitches min. removed with this system?
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Is the restriction of 75 pitches min. removed with this system?

No, but that doesn't trump bring in the closer.

Steve
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I put the limit for closers back to the 7th inning. We'll see how things go from there. I doubt many people want to intentionally bring in their closer before the 7th inning.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |