Help

Forum >> Help >> Spring Training   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
RodneyDeCroo

Wheeling Catfish
V.14

Broken Bat Baseball

I'm not sure how to approach spring training rosters. I mostly play my minor leaguers with priority going to the older, most developed prospects down to my youngest rookies. Does spring training play impact the performance of my major league players once the season starts? What I mean is, if I don't play my starting pitchers at all during spring training will they start the season less prepared / ready than if I played them? I'm assuming that's not the case, but I was wondering. Thanks for your help!

Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
There's no such thing as being ready/prepared. Players just simulate to their abilities. You run no risks by benching your vets during spring training and even better, you can avoid risks such as starting the season with injuries to them.

Playing minor league guys is the way to go as you get them some experience which can help their growth. As you, I prioritize the older ones since they're going to be recommended for the majors sooner and I'd like them to have as good ratings to start their ML debut as possible.

I also like to play 25 yo guys who just got the recommendation to get them off on a better foot. Guys who are 30+ or otherwise fully developed will get nothing out of spring training.
RodneyDeCroo

Wheeling Catfish
V.14

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks. That's very helpful.

RodneyDeCroo

Wheeling Catfish
V.14

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks. That's very helpful.

Previous Page | Show All |