Help

Forum >> Help >> what to do this with guy   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
poorteam

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
i drafted Max in 2024 as a 23 yr old, do you think i should keep him in the minors? or should i promote him?
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
He looks like one of those guys who would benefit from at least another half season in the minors. Considering he gained 10 SI last season, if he can pop about 5 more, then I would bring him up.
Wine13

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Haven't played very long in this game, but with movement and control in nice upward skill moves and defensive total only 23(f+a+r), he should have some nice pitching skills in a couple years. Age 28 and he may have 12V,13CoS,17M,16C,12S. I also like his ERA, BAA, and WHIP all got better his 2nd time around in A ball so he's learning and his quality starts of 60% is nice also. Just my insight, but like I said only been playing this game for less than 1 Broken Bat year
I would definitely keep him in minors and hope he gets another 10 point skill jump this year.

Updated Wednesday, February 3 2016 @ 4:24:01 pm PST
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm not sure I'd keep him down a full season, Steve's old advice to us was to promote at 25, because if you wait much longer he won't have any time at his peak considering velocity can start declining at age 29, likely decline will start by age 31. He is so low at the moment, and considering he is gaining skills rapidly in the minors, that I would think about waiting til the all-star break though.

Only wrote this post because I left it ambiguous my exact reasoning in my last post.
Favuz

Oxnard Sunsets
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
In my experience, a pitcher doesn't gain more thatn 25-30 SI in the majors, so i'd leave him another full year in the minors.

for example, i put Acosta in majors at 25, when he was in AA at 72 SI, and gained only 20. if I could go back, i'd leave him another year.

I'm not sure this would be the right decision though, that's only my 2 cents.

For the same reason, i left Cardenal in AAA last season. He probably won't reach his cap the same, but at least now i'll have a basis of comparison

Updated Thursday, February 4 2016 @ 1:32:28 am PST
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
You may be onto something.

I kept bring up pitchers when they were in the mid 70s for SI and watch them jump to high 80s/low 90s in their rookie season and then 100-110 range in their second season... and then they stagnate.

Doesn't say they can't improve further and they haven't hit their POT caps... but they simply stop growing (or at most 1-2 points from an entire season).

I'm definitely going to try different approaches to timing call-ups in the future.

Previous Page | Show All |