Help

Forum >> Help >> Defensive Subs   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, this can get aggravating in spring training. My best advice is to try to work with the game engine. In the regular season the game engine will often try to put in better players off the bench. In spring training the engine tries to put in young prospects. So if you lineup prospects behind better players, substitutions seem to happen with better behavior (although they still won't put in the guys you set as defensive replacements. One other hint. If training a guy in a position, make him the starter. The engine doesn't like to bring guys in who aren't already trained at positions.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
They keep ditching the guy I'm trying to get SS training on (he has small ss, but I'd like to push him to capitals if possible) for a 3B so you might be right about that.

Thing is, I start the people I want to train the positions I have them in the most.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
On the spring training management page uncheck the boxes of the guys you don't want replaced. To answer your original questions, they start being replaced in the 5th inning in spring training, and unlike the regular season, defensive replacements happen in virtually every game that they can (anyone is checked for replacement). If I have someone I really want to get lots of position training, I will uncheck their replace boxes, and take away their pinch hit for options.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
This is why it would be really nice if spring training management options didn't overwrite normal season... Because you have to mangle the management options so much for spring training, it means you need to completely redo them for the regular season each year.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My thoughts exactly, Rock.
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
V.14

Broken Bat Baseball
So replacement is 5th inn unless he get injury?
This game engine setting?
If you have him marked do not replace for DEF?
He can only be replaced if injury.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Injuries are currently calculated at the end of a game, so no player can ever be subbed mid-game for injury. Injury replacements on happen if the player was injured already going into the game (meaning you can prepare for this).

In-game subs for hitters can only happen for 3 reasons:

1. pinch hitter
2. pinch runner
3. defensive

all of these can be disabled in the case of #1, you can specify the earliest inning this sub can occur against either handed pitcher.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Because you have to mangle the management options so much for spring training, it means you need to completely redo them for the regular season each year.

I understand this complaint, but its never really bothered me. A manager should be reviewing management settings when the real season starts. In a way, I'm kind of glad the spring training settings encourage me to do that.

I find the best way to split time in spring training is to not do replacements and just divvy up the starts. A lot easier to control who gets how much of what. (And it prevents two players who share a position from getting injured the same game).

Updated Wednesday, February 3 2016 @ 12:31:17 pm PST
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I really don't care what happens in spring training. The problem is with the regular season. I still have yet to see anyone on my team come in as a defensive sub. I used to have a guy or two on the bench for this purpose, but I no longer do because it's a complete waste. The settings need to be ramped up. The --/++ thing would be great. Maybe then we could get someone in. Of course that would probably just create a new problem--I bet the wrong guy would come in. It happens all the time in spring, so I don't know why it wouldn't happen in league play.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball

I find the best way to split time in spring training is to not do replacements and just divvy up the starts

That's a good tip. I didn't even realize you could prevent subs that way.

Previous Page | Show All |