Help

Forum >> Help >> I just joined! Can you help My Roster?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
gosupepper

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Good evening folks!

I just took over this team and I am new, I was wondering if you guys could help me???

I looked over your newbie checklist and did all of that, but now I am wondering how my players are on my roster?

If you could help me I would really appreciate it!

Thank you!
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Welcome! Its been a little while since I've done a team analysis on here, so here's MY opinions on your lot:

Rosa - old, not the worst back up C out there but can probably find a better young option
Ward - old, not very good at catching and expensive
Robertson - his range is wasted at C, but since he's there not he's a good one
Hayes - very good 1B, get him as much playing time as you can, might be a good lead off guy
Dalton - old and poor 2B.
Munoz - offence first 2B, not the worst out there
Gutierrez - very under developed and highly unlikely to peak now unfortunately
Summers - old and not very good 3B
Madison - going to be a very good 3B but needs every last bit of playing time you can get him at this point
Gargiulo - not a bad bench bat/back up 3B/ OF - will need AB's
Garner - old and expensive, but probably not a bad back up/utility SS guy if your finances will support him
Winters - very weak arm for an SS< probably better suited to 2B but a good player
Nishimura - cut immediately
Moran - the drop in range probably moves him out of CF for me, but still a solid RF - light hitting bat perhaps makes him expendable for a 4th OF who can run - Gargiulo would be better suited taking the CF/RF job full time from him
Fujii - doesn't do much for me but could be a bench bat I guess
Allison - under developed but still be an OK RF if nothing else comes up
Juarez - should be a very good starting LF if you can get him a lot of AB's

Pitchers:
Guo - cut immediately
Hunt - cut immediately
Morozov - cut immediately
Carr - cut immediately
Steele - ok bullpen guy
Carillo - not great but he might fit as an LR
Jackson - solid rotation piece
Branch - nice bullpen piece, I'd be tempted to throw him the closers job
Vallejo - not flash, but I've seen worse out there, put him in the starting rotation unless you find someone better, he'll gain a lot of SI this season
Parodi - given the state of your pitching he's probably another starting option
Webb - the lack of control worries me but otherwise he has potential - hold onto him for now
Black - holds a bullpen spot due to lack of other options

Minors:
Marshall - bring him up, he's good enough to pitching in the majors still
Case - going to be your future ace, probably by next season
Di Carlo - fielding stats are a touch high, but he's a keeper since hes in AAA at 23
Payne - promote him as an LF or let him go, he's not a 3B - if you have space change his training to OF in the minors and hold him, but he's not that great
Hammond- get him training at SS and playing your spring training games at SS asap! given your lack of a proper major league SS you need him to take that role and run with it - he's going to be the centre of your team for years to come
Scalise - train him at SS also, he's going to be a very good defensive SS
Kim - cut immediately
Ottonello - cut immediately
Duncan - cut, he's under developed and not very good anyway
Matthews - he'll be OK at 1B, not amazing but not bad
Wright - borderline but hold until you find better
Glover - should be a worthwhile LHS for you
Ames - if he develops a good change up he'll be ok
Hill - underdeveloped, I'd cut him loose
Arenas - generally 11 potential guys aren't worth holding onto as there's better 12 and 13 pot available in free agency
Montoyo - doesn't do much for me
Wilders - you've inherited a team with 2 16 pots?! thats just not fair! stud future RF for you
Diaz - and a 15 pot! should be your 2B of the future I'd say

You've inherited a team with good bones, someone once upon a time knew what they were doing with this team, your biggest need is obviously pitching. Have a look out in free agency for 25-27 year old guys with at least 12 pot such as Cheong to help you out - you'll probably have a tough season, but at least you'll get a lot of experience for some young pitchers to help you out by next season.

Good luck and enjoy!
garfscores

Battle Creek Sting
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
What is your financial situation like? Did you lose money last year? Make money? Do you have money in the bank? How much?
gosupepper

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hi all!

Sorry about the delay in posting! Been busy!

JJNZ Thank you for your opinions on my team! I appreciate it and will help me out in thje long run!

Garf! My teams finances are currently sitting at 30,000,000 million in the bank! I lost money the previous seasons and it was once at 50,000,000! I will try and cut some salary so I can make money, and I am sitting at a 37,000,000 payroll.

ONE more question! Is my guy Terry Gardner worth keeping? He is 104 rating and 34 years old with $3.90 salary, thanks!

Updated Tuesday, February 2 2016 @ 5:02:14 pm PST
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If you're sitting at 30 million you really shouldn't worry about payroll, but rather about assembling a team that can start winning (not to say you should go out and sign every 5 mil player, but you can afford a veteran salary or two if useful). JJNZ's advice looks solid, your focus should be on the future, guys like Hammond, Wilders, Case, and Diaz are exactly the sort of future star players you will want to build around. The cuts JJNZ suggested will help clear space for younger players who you will need to give playing time in order to see them fully develop.
gosupepper

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Newtman

Ok thank you! I do appreciate all the help you have given me here and I will make sure my young players are being played!

I think I will look for a backup 2B for Munoz and an OF if I can find someone better than Allison! Other than that I will get young players and wait for the future!

Updated Tuesday, February 2 2016 @ 5:48:43 pm PST

Previous Page | Show All |