Help

Forum >> Help >> pitcher's develoment   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
Federico Silva [ID #91072]
Seen him go from 67-85 SI in one season.
he was POT 12 last year!
i think he was POT 12 the hole time i had him.
he never played in minors at all not even 1 game in minors. was drafted same day put on majors.
hes 29 last year to grow if he does grow
pot 11 SI say hes a pot 10 so is he a 10 pot
max 87 thats it poor scouting report he was a dud!
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Going directly to the majors meant he missed out on some training (training is different from experience).

That loss of training may have caused him to finish below his potential. Both his velocity scouting and movement scouting suggest he might have a few more points to grow. Then again, maybe this was as good as he was intended to be.

I think he developed quite well considering the lack of time in the minors.
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
What happend to him??? [ID #87231]
Musial now says he has no room for devaloment?
that was not on him before and hes 13 POT
hes only got 87 SI i guess i got another !dud!
to add to Silva who will never grow or devalop to full.
that makes me want to cry i thought 13 POT hes at least 95SI now seem i have another 11POT saying he's 13pot like Silva was 12POT but is really a 11POT
so this Musial player is poor scouted and is really 11POT max 87SI
Carcharoth

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Same issue as the one above. You really shouldn't play prospects in the majors until it is recommended for them. Musial didn't have any time in the minors, so he likely lost out on the training he would have received there. He is still playable for LL VI though.
Spoonerific

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
What Carcharoth said... mostly Rookie, A, AA Ball time. Basically, his growth was shunted from being forced up before he was ready.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Potential is just that... potential.

By definition it means "possible; capable of becoming"

A player could potentially end up with 104 SI and thus be shown as having 13 potential. That doesn't mean they'll end up there.

Of course, there are players that naturally fall short even if you do everything right... but if you do everything wrong, there's little chance they'll be able to realize that potential.

Think if you took a kid fresh out of high school with brilliant potential and sent him to the majors and told him he had to get used to that level right now.

Do you think he would become a superstar? The reality is no. He would have no clue what he was doing and the competition would be too fierce for him to properly learn. He'd get a little better... but mostly fizzle out and look like a "dud".

If he instead played in the minors proper, he could gradually increase competition and learn the game. When he gets to the majors then (if he does), he would have a much greater chance at being a star.

So when someone who projects to be 104-111 ends up in the 80s and stops growing... first you must consider whether or not you did this to him.

I've never really seen someone stop shorter than 1 notch of their potential when trained right (but I've only been here a year, so maybe others have seen counter examples).
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
As Seca, Carcharoth, Spoonerific, and Crazy Li said above, you promoted them before they were ready. Several of your other pitchers are likely to fall short of what they would have gained if they trained down in the minor leagues (Howell and Foxx look like other stunted candidates). It looks like you learned though, all your rookie pitchers spent a lot of time in the minors and look like they will hit their potentials.

Updated Wednesday, February 3 2016 @ 12:26:28 pm PST

Previous Page | Show All |